Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Jupiter 07-06-2011 11:00 AM

I like your block, Irene. Very nice!
hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by Irene V
Deecee & Jupiter,
Your "Virginia Snowballs" are beautiful! I've been gone for the holiday weekend we're celebrating in the U.S.A. so I'm late posting but, finally, here's my "Virginia Snowballs."

Jupiter 07-09-2011 08:31 AM

Nothing for this week...right? Enjoying the time to clean up my studio. Right now I have fabric everywhere.

QuiltnNan 07-09-2011 09:13 AM

pretty pattern

Deecee 07-09-2011 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Are we posting our 5 block pic? O.K. I'll answer myself. Yes we are, so here is mine.

On another note, I went back to the beginning of this thread to have a browse through earlier pics. So many people were interested in doing this quilt to the point of buying the book and purchasing fabric but somewhere along the line they dropped away.

I wonder why.

Life sometimes gets in the way I suppose or perhaps the technique was not to their liking or perhaps there are lots of PH quilts growing out there that we are just not seeing pics of.

O.K. I have finished sitting here pondering. I am visiting new GB this afternoon (she is home from hospital now) so I have lots to do this morning.

np3 07-09-2011 03:33 PM

I checked on the book. Very intimidating!

Deecee 07-09-2011 03:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback Nancy.

It is interesting to see what type of things appeal (or not) to people and why.

np3 07-09-2011 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Thanks for the feedback Nancy.

It is interesting to see what type of things appeal (or not) to people and why.

It appeals to me very much...my eyes anyway.

But my ability, now that's a different thing all together!

np3 07-09-2011 03:53 PM

Actually I should have stressed my applique ability! I seldom do it so the book looked intimidating.

Jupiter 07-09-2011 03:55 PM

DeeCee you blocks are so beautiful, I thought I'd post photos of mine. But... (don't you hate that word!)

I snapped photos, and then discovered that the photo card wasn't in the camera. I found it in the computer port. So I went and took photos again. Came back, and in my effort to put the photo card into the computer, I stuck it into a larger port by mistake and the computer ate it! I can hear it jiggle around there when I lightly shake my lap top computer. I called my son in law, who is my computer guy, and he said 'good luck'. So it may be awhile before I post photos again.... lol, this old age stuff is for the birds! Used to I wouldn't have put it in the wrong slot!

hugs, Jup

Jupiter 07-09-2011 03:58 PM

Hi Nancy, This technique isn't hard. Mostly you make a simple base block, then glue some other shapes on it and stitch around them. Stop by some time and I'll show you mine.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by np3
Actually I should have stressed my applique ability! I seldom do it so the book looked intimidating.