Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month Directions and Discussions , JUNE 2013 - 12" Dresdan Plate (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-directions-discussions-june-2013-12-dresdan-plate-t222733.html)

Anael 06-01-2013 10:56 AM

Thank you for the June block! I hope it goes well with my fabric choices.

SulaBug 06-01-2013 11:42 AM

WOW, I really like this pattern for June's BOM. What a good choice you have made for all of us Jenniky. I can't start mine for a couple of days, but I am so anxious to pick out my floral fabric's for the blades!!
:D :D :D :D

marytoddliz 06-01-2013 07:29 PM

Yippie, I have never tried a Dresden plate, well I did but it was a kit, this is much more challenging! Going to play with fabric right now. A Fun project for a Saturday night!

djmat 06-02-2013 01:59 PM

Jen, I used the site I mentioned for the block & then the Missouri site you mentioned for the center circle & it layed down properly. Thanks for the tip!

dotcomdtcm 06-03-2013 04:18 AM

I have the Darlene Zimmerman template. It makes cutting really easy. If you like Dresden plates, you might invest in this
tool. Dresden plates make great Christmas wreaths!!

Jenniky 06-03-2013 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 6099919)
Jen, I used the site I mentioned for the block & then the Missouri site you mentioned for the center circle & it layed down properly. Thanks for the tip!

Your Welcome :thumbup:

CAS49OR 06-03-2013 12:16 PM

Your block is really pretty Jenniky. I just made 1/2 Dresden plates to use for doll skirts with the points so I think I'll make the rounded edges. I notice my pattern printed out the right size this time, that's always good.

marytoddliz 06-03-2013 09:02 PM

OK I am having big time issues here? Please give me a hint as to what I could be doing wrong? My "plate" does not go together well. I feel like I am short a few blades or something? any suggestions?

LOL, I have been quilting a really long time but feel like a novice here. Love this going beyond my abilities and trying new stuff. But I need help.

I think I will go check out the you tube from Missouri quilt Co.

marytoddliz 06-03-2013 09:21 PM

Well I guess it might help if my Template was the right size! I cut the bottom end 1 1/8... gotta do it again! But I am glad I watched the tutorial, she uses 20 blades on hers, but I suppose the measurements are different for that many blades.

Back to the drawing board!

mimiknoxtaylor 06-04-2013 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz (Post 6102841)
Well I guess it might help if my Template was the right size! I cut the bottom end 1 1/8... gotta do it again! But I am glad I watched the tutorial, she uses 20 blades on hers, but I suppose the measurements are different for that many blades.

Back to the drawing board!

Glad you got it figured out. Using my acyrlic template I had to do 20 blades that were 4". The one on Quilter's Cache is a little larger & only uses 16. I printed the QC template 2x & they were just a little different even though the 1" sq measured the same. So I gave up & just used what I had.