Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   QB Block-of-the-Month Directions and Discussions , JUNE 2013 - 12" Dresdan Plate (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/qb-block-month-directions-discussions-june-2013-12-dresdan-plate-t222733.html)

Roma Bauder 06-06-2013 01:18 PM

here is mine

Roma Bauder 06-06-2013 01:18 PM

cant get the pic to post? hummmm?

jaba 06-09-2013 01:57 PM

Love It!

2 Attachment(s)
Jenniky can't thank you enough for choosing the dresdan plate. Can hardly believe I'm saying that, never made one and always thought they looked like a pain in the a--. Well low and behold, I love this and I printed out the pattern, made a template, 1st try everything fit perfect. Now I want to do a scrappy, controlled scrappy at least and make a whole quilt with this. Thank you again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]418075[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]418076[/ATTACH] My very favorite colors, I'm going to love this quilt for sure! Wish it was more than once a month, need to learn patience......

mimiknoxtaylor 06-10-2013 04:16 AM

Jaba, Yours is looking so good. I love the colors. I think next year I'll do a more controlled color combo. The last 2 years I've just been using my stash. I have so much I really never need to buy fabric ever again but it's an addiction & I'll never be cured-lol

Jenniky 06-10-2013 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6113103)
Jenniky can't thank you enough for choosing the dresdan plate. Can hardly believe I'm saying that, never made one and always thought they looked like a pain in the a--. Well low and behold, I love this and I printed out the pattern, made a template, 1st try everything fit perfect. Now I want to do a scrappy, controlled scrappy at least and make a whole quilt with this. Thank you again.[ATTACH=CONFIG]418075[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]418076[/ATTACH] My very favorite colors, I'm going to love this quilt for sure! Wish it was more than once a month, need to learn patience......

Jaba your blocks are terrific and your colors are cool and inviting. Awesome:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I have a complete quilt in the works with the DP also. :)

jaba 06-10-2013 06:07 AM

Know what you mean about not "needing" anymore fabric, but I seem to want it. It's like I'm scared I'll run out or something, but trust me not in my lifetime. I am going to make one Jenniky, not sure the color combo yet and going to make an acrylic template so it will last a long time :thumbup:. I have this tendency to make king size quilts for some reason, just keep adding and adding. But when the hubby says, Wow I like that block! think I better do something about it. Maybe I won't find any fabric and have to go shop for just the right ones, oh what a chore that will be....

marytoddliz 06-17-2013 05:46 PM

Oh, wow great block Jan, your quilt is turning out awesome! I have been working on July's Block, I sure hope you all like it~

djmat 06-19-2013 09:37 PM

Jaba, awesome color palette, way to go!

jaba 06-20-2013 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No wonder I haven't been getting any notices for this thread, nobody is posting. Where's the pics of these beautiful dresdan plates??? Jenniky have you ever done them in scrappy? If so did you like it or not?
Don't know if any of you did the "quilt a long" thread with Wyldwytch but thought I'd show the pic of the quilt I made using her blocks. Binding is on but have to sew it down by hand yet but think you can tell. [ATTACH=CONFIG]420190[/ATTACH]

Difergie 06-20-2013 03:55 PM

Really pretty jaba...my Dresden will be done next week!