Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

buslady 01-20-2013 06:24 PM

They are all wonderful, i love seeing the different interpretations, they are same pattern, yet so different. I will catch up, hopefully, or will just have to settle for watching. Too many irons in the fire. Story of my life, but this time i really piled it up. Stressing over work, need to concentrate there for a while. Still need my nightly fix of the QB.

frenchfryqueen 01-21-2013 05:35 AM

Love what everyone has come up with!

My sewing machine, Luna Lovegood, (the quirky, beat-of-your-own-drum girl from Harry Potter) is at the doctor's. :(

It's most likely a timing issue, but I can't wait to get it back. I have really missed spending my Saturday catching up on these blocks. From the looks of last week's challenge, I should be cutting out pieces while I wait for her.

Who all is doing quilt-as-you-go with their blocks?

Dedemac 01-21-2013 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Broken Wheel and my puzzle. I did use 2 shades of dark blue for the puzzle. They were mostly square at the end. I think I am getting more comfortable with putting the corner squares on. My first ones looked like trapezoids!:o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389723[/ATTACH]
I am going to try the harder blocks this week, I need to balance my time at the sewing machine with time spent with the DH. When it get's this cold up here he can't go play in his "Man Cave" That's when I get my knitting done since he likes me to keep him company. It's sweet but some times frustrating, when I am not doing the project I really want to do.

jaba 01-21-2013 10:07 AM

dedemac great looking blocks . You need to get some kind of heater for that man cave!!:thumbup:

grandme26 01-21-2013 04:27 PM

Great looking blocks!! Had my hip correction surgery and because of a bid drop I BP, have again landed in SICU. I'm doing great now.

Elisabrat 01-21-2013 07:10 PM

grandme so sorry to hear about your trip to icu. that is horrible. i am however glad to hear your doing better. I take medication for lower blood pressure also. its not a picnic for sure. sewing soon I will hope for you and those who are over busy or worse not doing well. this is a lucky block club as well its do it if you can, when you can and the rest of the time its wonderful to have you here chatting it up. how grand is that? I plan to do one block extra this week. I had to get started on a wall hanging and also finish mug rugs. completing things so I am free to work on this and my quilt. one day at a time :)

jaba 01-21-2013 07:48 PM

latest block

1 Attachment(s)
Got my block done, one of them at least for this freebie week. I have tried three times, hoping the third was charm, just didn't turn out that way. I definately don't think paper piecing is in my future. Right now it's just not sinking in as something I want to do bad enough I guess. I love the look of it but will have to settle for window shopping. Any block I can cut out the pieces and sew is perfect, don't even mind those set in seams.[ATTACH=CONFIG]389865[/ATTACH]

Dedemac 01-21-2013 07:59 PM

Jaba, I love the colors you have been using.:thumbup: The square looks great to me.

jaba 01-21-2013 08:06 PM

Thanks dedemac, this 1 is the just "cut the pieces and sew together" don't have a problem with them, knock on wood at least so far. The paper piece one is in a million pieces in the trash can. Like your avatar by the way, is that a block or a full quilt?

frenchfryqueen 01-22-2013 05:12 AM

My sewing machine is back from the doctor! She needed a new bobbin case.. the old one was stripped. Glad it was an easy fix.. now to play catch up!