Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Quilt Along January 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/quilt-along-january-2013-a-t208380.html)

JuanitaBean 01-29-2013 05:53 PM

tesspug, Wyldwytch, & Elisabrat Like all you alls blocks. Going to have some nice looking quilt.

CarolynMT 01-29-2013 06:15 PM

Elisabrat.....your quilt is gonna look like a bunch of presents :p how cool is that!

quiltinghere 01-29-2013 07:07 PM

WOW o WOW o WOW

You ladies are making AWESOME BLOCKS!!!!

Really wish I could join in the FUN but then I'd have to do without sleep and/or give up my day job! Hahaha!!!

Have fun! I watch from here

Nan

Elisabrat 01-30-2013 07:59 AM

Quilting here sleep is for the "other" people you should join. only one block a week you can squeeze that in. Thats what I say as I join this and that and then of course that.. yeah its only one block a week I can do that. sigh a dozen blocks a week later.. you guys know what I am talking about. For me its my mouth and fingers that get me in trouble my mouth says hey maybe and the fingers type SURE! love it! gotta get those two under control right now.

I think your spinning wheel lol blocks look great. Are you starching the hell out of them when your done? they are so FLAT and my starch is not making things look like that. I use finish. I didnt like the way niagra makes those white spots on it if it gets too close. I know there is quilters starch but dumb question number 99 .. is it different in components or just smell? inquiring minds..

Wyldwytch 01-30-2013 01:04 PM

Remake of Fancy Stripes:

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...ps755ee10c.jpg

Hope y'all like it. Really getting caught up here and it feels kind of good to see this all coming together. Also thinking of putting a black sashing around each block to showcase them, not sure yet.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

sew_Tracy 01-30-2013 01:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Okay here we are with this week's blocks and personal bonus block:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391840[/ATTACH]
Here is the Goose Creek block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391841[/ATTACH]
Here is the Double Aster block...boy did I break that one a lot!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391842[/ATTACH]
Then I made a Chinese Coin from the Jinny Beyer site
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391843[/ATTACH]
And they are all pinned to my workboard.

sew_Tracy 01-30-2013 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Meanwhile, as I wait for next blocks working on something even MORE colorful!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391844[/ATTACH]

Wyldwytch 01-30-2013 01:08 PM

Not sure about the starch, I own 2 cans of Niagra, but I have never used either.

Sorry I'm no help there.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5825073)
Quilting here sleep is for the "other" people you should join. only one block a week you can squeeze that in. Thats what I say as I join this and that and then of course that.. yeah its only one block a week I can do that. sigh a dozen blocks a week later.. you guys know what I am talking about. For me its my mouth and fingers that get me in trouble my mouth says hey maybe and the fingers type SURE! love it! gotta get those two under control right now.

I think your spinning wheel lol blocks look great. Are you starching the hell out of them when your done? they are so FLAT and my starch is not making things look like that. I use finish. I didnt like the way niagra makes those white spots on it if it gets too close. I know there is quilters starch but dumb question number 99 .. is it different in components or just smell? inquiring minds..

Wyldwytch 01-30-2013 01:09 PM

I'm loving them blocks Ms. Tracy! Very, very colorful and bright to cheer someone up!

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Originally Posted by sew_Tracy (Post 5825774)
Meanwhile, as I wait for next blocks working on something even MORE colorful!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391844[/ATTACH]

sew_Tracy 01-30-2013 03:38 PM

Why thank you ma'am. I use the cheapest vodka I can find and water for starch. Mix about 3 parts water and 1 part vodka.