Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

jaba 01-04-2013 07:30 AM

Truesharp Electric Sharpener by Grace. It was $54.00 plus shipping, even found my invoice, bought it 5-18-12. Didn't know it did the 60 size blades Jean, guess I never looked since I don't have one. Maybe I better put 1 of those on my wishlist. I really like mine and it saves alot of blades. I kind of bit the bullet when I ordered it because of the expense, but so worth it.
I want to see some pics of what you make MaryT, send me some pictures so I can look. Yes, I do have skype, will have to load it on the laptop downstairs though and see if the connection is fast enough. They tell me it's slow because of going through all the concrete and stucco walls in the house, apparently WI-FI doesn't deal with that very well. And I am serious, inside walls are stucco in most of the house. My Dad and Uncle were building a bomb shelter, nice and safe I guess, but you sure don't try to pound a nail very often 'cause once you do it's there. Will load it and test to see what the speed is and let you know later today.

haylillan 01-04-2013 07:39 AM

My scrapes from the 70's to now

1 Attachment(s)
still need to cut the 2 1/2"sqs im sewing 12 blocks

frenchfryqueen 01-04-2013 07:57 AM

Wow.. did I read that right? These are scraps from the 1970's till now? I cannot imagine your stash! Jealous! :)

AnngelAnne 01-04-2013 08:40 AM

Wow, it took me so long to read thru everything that it timed me out and I had to sign back in. I really needed this train ride. I didn't join the last one because I had to finish my fighter jet quilt, which was well received. And I am not able to do this one as I just lost my father and am trying to get things together from that. So you ladies and all your comments and chatter and pictures have been a blessing for me today. I will follow you all and see what the end results are of all the beautiful pictures I have seen so far. Nice work.

whitepine 01-04-2013 09:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Made it!! before clue #2. Sulabug, I love your florals.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385783[/ATTACH]

whitepine 01-04-2013 09:36 AM

AnngelAnne, My thoughts are with you. It's a hard time. Take care.

chefbwarner 01-04-2013 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK I did not whine or go supernuts on the list because I actually thought I was more controlling than anyone. Yeah Right. This is the second scrappy but, my first was one very controlled and all from clothing scraps. So here goes and I'm on time. I did get picky about the pressing. [ATTACH=CONFIG]385785[/ATTACH]

chefbwarner 01-04-2013 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OH that was my contribution to the club car. whooops, here's the 9 patches.[ATTACH=CONFIG]385786[/ATTACH]

paintmejudy 01-04-2013 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by chefbwarner (Post 5761738)
OK I did not whine or go supernuts on the list because I actually thought I was more controlling than anyone. Yeah Right. This is the second scrappy but, my first was one very controlled and all from clothing scraps. So here goes and I'm on time. I did get picky about the pressing.

OMG what is this yummy looking goodie?

paintmejudy 01-04-2013 10:25 AM

Thanks, Jaba, going to go check it out right now.