Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

bibliostone 01-17-2013 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my first top. I'm still working on two others. Three nieces are having babies within a few weeks of each other. This way, the quilts can be the same, but different also. Kudos Judy for a fun project!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388731[/ATTACH]

reeskylr 01-17-2013 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose (Post 5793982)
Judy posted this after she gave the last directions.

Someone asked about different sizes of blocks. Sulabug used her 4" blocks -- she cut the squares for the flying geese at 2-1/4" square and the rectangle connecting sections at 4" x 11". Those who want to use 5" blocks, the geese squares would be 2-3/4" square and the rectangles 5" x 14"

Thank you, I must have missed that one. :)

sustraley 01-18-2013 03:42 AM

Great idea meanmom. Looks good and some little one will cherish it.

MamaHen 01-18-2013 04:53 AM

This has been a fun quilt to make, using up scraps I didn't know what to do with. I should have my top finished sometime today. I'm going to donate it to the Infusion Center at our local hospital when it is finished. I'll post picture later today.

Belfrybat 01-18-2013 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DONE!!! Well, except for the pressing, sandwiching and quilting. I'm not too happy with my choice of the rectangles and stars colours, but I was trying to use up that awful (to me) peachy orange. I really like this design and think it would look smashing in black - whites with red stars. Another project to put on my "to do" list.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388843[/ATTACH]

MamaHen 01-18-2013 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine is also DONE!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]388903[/ATTACH]

Mariposa 01-18-2013 12:21 PM

Terrific finishes! Love all the pics! :)

quilt addict 01-18-2013 01:00 PM

Love seeing all these finished ones. I am a late starter, just cutting my blocks out last night. Have a bit more to do tonight and will sew them this weekend. Still have not determined what I will use for my A and B fabric. More digging in the stash for that.

Thanks Judy once again for a wonderful pattern and great way to do a mystery.

Elisabrat 01-18-2013 02:53 PM

belfy those peacy stars help ton down the blocks dont you think? some of us (me) had some bright bold colored blocks randomly sitting in our squares. Your choice of a and b helped soften that up. what a good idea!

cat-on-a-mac 01-18-2013 04:35 PM

It's so amazing to see how the same pattern comes out so different for each quilter. I'm starting to quilt mine ... i decided to use a high-loft batting (mostly because I had some in my closet!) THe batting was kind of wrinkled and had lumps, so I spritzed it and put it in the dryer; the wrinkles came out, but the batting got PUFFED! It's much thicker than it was to start with. Making it very interesting to quilt .....