Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Caroline S 01-12-2013 06:42 AM

I did ALL of my running around and shopping yesterday anticipating the last clue and a day of sewing. This has to be my favorite Mystery Train ride.

Belfrybat 01-12-2013 06:55 AM

Judy - that is an absolutely stunning quilt. I'm behind as I was out of town for a few days and still playing catch up on several projects. But plan on finishing clue 2 today and working on the last clue tomorrow. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite quilts.

Breakfast tacos in the club car, everyone. Let's celebrate our trip together.

cat-on-a-mac 01-12-2013 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5780347)

I had a PM about why the rounded corners -- thought I'd comment to all who wondered. It is big, falls to within a few inches of the floor, and I hate when a corner drags down and looks all messy. So I rounded it off and cut a few pieces of bias binding to splice in to that area when I was sewing the binding on.

I always do this with bed quilts, for the same reason. I don't like the pointy corner sticking out. I usually find large platter or lid from a pot to use as a curve to mark the edge. I always use bias binding, and these corners go on really easily -- eliminates 2 mitered corners!

haylillan 01-12-2013 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
heres my 9 patch really love these train rides

QuiltingKrazy 01-12-2013 07:24 AM

Oh My! I love your kingsize! I think I will have to enlarge mine a bit. this is a fun and easy pattern! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do this!

sewsewquilter 01-12-2013 07:45 AM

You'll find me in the sewing car excitedly having fun with the last clue. Thanks Judy for fun train ride with beautiful scenery. I'll be back chatting when I have every thing pieced. :)

Pam H 01-12-2013 07:57 AM

Love the quilts Judy! I especially love the different colored stars but I was afraid it would be confusing for me and I would be doing too much ripping.
Esther, you are fast! It looks great! Can I ask what size it finished? Maybe I don't need to make mine bigger.

paintmejudy 01-12-2013 08:41 AM

Pam - Esther did the size that finished about 56 x 72 - I gave the size on the first posting. It is a nice size, isn't it?

carrot 01-12-2013 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm ready for clue 3!!! Hope I can get it cut so I am ready for my quilt retreat tomorrow. Now if I only had time to play with the "leftovers" !!:D

irishrose 01-12-2013 09:02 AM

Judy, your quilt is beautiful. This has been a fun trip.

paulswalia, lovely colors. Are you the first finisher? :thumbup:

Deb, the chevrons were made the rail fence way, sewing a strip, cutting and tipping the pieces after they were on the design wall. I can link a tutorial if needed, but you probably don't need it.

Pat, I can't wait to see your small patchwork. I am always amazed by that kind of thing.

Green or orange stars? I can't decide. I wish I had enough yellow.