Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

sewNso 01-11-2013 08:16 PM

sula, love that blue. mean......oh, i am green with envy. i bought the 50 PP star book, and never started it, but i saw some of the stars where the same as a star quilt BOM sulabug did a yr or so ago. will get to it one day. but decided i had tooooo many things going at that time. sat and hemmed the last 3rd mystery quilt by PMJ that i had done. it was the 3rd one. the 4th was played with today. i cut and made wayyyyy tooooo many 1/2 sq tri's one day, so using up scraps. this last 3rd mystery quilt may be sorta scrappy.
waiting for tomorrow a.m. and not patiently.

frustratedquilter40 01-11-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by happyjunker (Post 5778754)
Dang... that is really pretty dhanke! I love the 4 patch in the stars! Makes me want to change mine. I've just started working on sewing the 2 1/2 inch squares on the sashing this morning. My company is going home today, but, sadly, I don't think I'll have my pieces all sewn together and ready for the next step by tomorrow. I know it's not a race, but I sure wish I could have mine as far along as the rest of you.

I feel the same Danke. Love how you used a dark color for B and a lighter color for A. turned out great :thumbup:

jaba 01-11-2013 08:35 PM

Think it really depends what is comfortable to you happyjunker. With me it depends what I'm sewing, if the seam is a little thicker or more layers to it when they all meet I trim, press, then I may trim and press again. Sometimes is easier to get some of that "extra " off before you press. That way is won't sort of hang up on your iron. Just experiment and you'll know what works for you.

masufa 01-11-2013 08:54 PM

HappyJunker press then trim

irishrose 01-11-2013 08:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I mailed the baby quilt a few days ago, quickly made a fleece blanket for a friend in dialysis, got serious about my mystery and suddenly had a date with my seam ripper. I cut some duplicate squares from scraps. Somehow 2 matching ones ended up in the same block. Grr, but it's fixed. I have chosen my A, B and B2. Now off to cut those before the next clue is posted.

I didn't get a picture of the quilt before I mailed it because my camera acted up, but a picture showed up on Facebook tonight - the soon to be father opened the package as soon as it arrived instead of taking to the shower Sunday. It was hard to chose fabrics when I don't know the baby's gender, but my GD and GSIL like it so all is good.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387562[/ATTACH]

wolf3349 01-11-2013 11:34 PM

I,ve got mine done --waiting for clue #3. I,m loving the pattern and am going to do more to use up more of my stash. It is an easy and quick pattern. Showed it to a friend tonight and she just loved it. Can,t wait for the finish.

wolf3349 01-11-2013 11:34 PM

Forgot to mention --I made it big enough for my queen size bed.

dhanke 01-12-2013 12:48 AM

I love your zig zag baby quilt! I've been wanting to make one for the longest time. Did you do the strips cut into squares or the half square triangles? I couldn't quite tell from the pic. Your color choices are perfect for unknown gender. I think it's adorAble!

dhanke 01-12-2013 01:05 AM

Frustratedquilter40,
Those dark green stars look great. You have such a fun variety of prints. I saw only one that I used to have (may still have a little) the sunflower print with the maroon background. I would have loved a square of the indian brave, it would have been right at home on my kind of southwestern/ mountainman theme that will be a grad quilt for a grandson.

frustratedquilter40 01-12-2013 01:32 AM

All those squares were ones I received in a 5" charm swap called "What was I thinking" there are a couple of mine. But the Indian and Sunflower was ones I received in swap.
I can not wait for Judy to post the next clue as I am unsure where this could go:thumbup: