Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

mom-6 01-11-2013 02:17 PM

One last three block strip to attach sashing strips and then put these last two strips on and I will have the twelve blocks all together. The pieced triangles worked ok too! So I was able to keep all my stars alike to tie it all together.

SulaBug 01-11-2013 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The laugh is on me today!! :D I could hardly wait to get my blocks put together & have my picture ready to post. Only to notice that I had left the last row off!! DUH!! :D The blocks are made, I just have to add them. I hope everyone likes my top so far!! I will finish it this evening & be ready for the last clue. Thank you for looking.
:D :D :D :D

dhanke 01-11-2013 04:38 PM

Ooh! It's so pretty, looks like a beautiful flower garden!

Quossum 01-11-2013 04:44 PM

Dhanke, your top had my jaw dropping! The four-patches as the star centers is a great look, especially with the restricted pallettte. I think I'll have to try it again in that style.

I've enjoyed everyone's contribution to this virtual quilt show, actually. Eagerly awaiting the next clue, though I might not even get to work on it for a while. I've got a Poodle to bathe (Standard, so no small job) and papers to grade. Ugh. But I'll get to it!

--Q

Quiltaddiction 01-11-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5779339)
The laugh is on me today!! :D I could hardly wait to get my blocks put together & have my picture ready to post. Only to notice that I had left the last row off!! DUH!! :D The blocks are made, I just have to add them. I hope everyone likes my top so far!! I will finish it this evening & be ready for the last clue. Thank you for looking.
:D :D :D :D

Sulabug this is so pretty. Wow everyones quilts are stunning cant wait for clue 3.

paintmejudy 01-11-2013 04:59 PM

meanmom, I did 24 squares, put together without sashing, for a large lap quilt, and had it quilted on a LA which I rarely do, because it is pricey. Especially my own quilts that I keep for myself, but had to have this one done. I love it. Florence told me hers is coming back from the LA next week - she did 56 blocks I think.

mom-6 -- way to go, Yankee initiative saved the day!

Sula -- so pretty!!! dhanke is right - a flower garden for sure!

dhanke -- loved your quilt so much I pulled out all my batik scraps and cut enough to make 2 blocks plus the extra sashing and the -------- finish clue that I'll post tomorrow. I cut my blocks 3-1/2" square. Used the 4-patch for the star centers and assorted batiks for the points. Need to finish sewing it together get it quilted, but I think it looks nice. So glad you posted your quilt.

irishrose 01-11-2013 05:14 PM

Oh, Judy, you really have a mystery for us this time. What will the ------- be??? This is an amazing pattern in that everyone's looks good. Sulabug and dhanke, those are wonderful. Pat, a 16 patch that ends at 4"?? Impressive to one who uses only 2 1/2" or bigger strips and squares.

labeelady 01-11-2013 05:48 PM

I will be waiting at the computer for the last clue so I can print it off and start immediately, but won't have a lot of time to work on it, as I need to be somewhere for a luncheon two hours after the clue is posted (assuming it's posted at 9 AM Central time).

Have been curious about all those small squares and rectangles we cut in the beginning but didn't use...is there a lot of sewing in our future?

happyjunker 01-11-2013 06:10 PM

A quick tip please! This will show how few pieced quilts I have made. After sewing the small squares to the corners, trim the extra little triangles off the back, then press? Or press then trim? Thanks! Hopefully someone will post while I snip the strips apart. Tracy.

happyjunker 01-11-2013 06:38 PM

Jumped on the live chat board. Got a press, trim, press answer. Onward....