Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/stash-buster-scrappy-mystery-quilt-mini-train-ride-t209515.html)

Evie 01-08-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 (Post 5766228)
Judy, I would love the directions for using 4 inch patches also. I have a few boxes of that size that were cut by other people.

Connie

I'm riding along with all of you but haven't started sewing yet. Darned life's happenings keep getting in the way. But, I too would love directions for using 4-inch squares, although I bet I could figure out the measurements if I really tried (but who wants to reinvent the wheel?). I have some "special" squares I want to use for a quilt for me. Judy, if you post the instructions after the last clue it will be very much appreciated. And I love how this pattern is turning out. Thank you. It's perfect for my quilt. :thumbup:

paintmejudy 01-08-2013 09:14 AM

I'll get it figured out for the 4: squares and post sometime on Saturday.

urgodschild2 01-08-2013 09:38 AM

Ok Bratty......you have one fantastic quilt and if you still do not like scrappy, you can send me that quilt. I would lvoe it. I am still debating over my A and B. Should it be this hard???????Will settle and get it done before Friday.
I am think scrappy stars........I like that effect but I don't have a lot of tone on tone or solids. Hmmmmmm.

Oksewnsew 01-08-2013 09:54 AM

Linda that is really pretty, good job. I'm still working on mine, have the 9 patches done and that's it...I'll getter done tho, love Judy's mystery projects. I'm not 'into' scrappy, but this may change my mind..lol

Jean

calmarek 01-08-2013 09:56 AM

If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you post the changes for those of us using 5" charm squares? It seemed much easier to use them as-is, rather than cut them all down. This is the first train ride mystery I've done, and I must say it's a wonderful scrappy pattern! Thank you soooooo much!

SunlitenSmiles 01-08-2013 10:04 AM

one thing about cutting down 5" charm squares ...... I was able to straighten them and cut them to an exact 4 1/2, many of them came from allover (mfg. samples, exchanges, games at Guild meetings, etc.) made them nicer and more accurate to work with.

Caroline S 01-08-2013 10:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished mine this AM. Thought you all would like to see pics of the vintage 306M that I am using for sewing this quilt. I so love this sewing machine. Best of all I can swing the needle to make a PERFECT 1/4" stitch using the original foot. AWESOME. BTW, I mounted her in the most ugly cabinet I ever purchased. The machine that was mounted in it was a very rough Singer 66 now waiting for refurbishing.

Question for Judy. How do you press your seams? Or, does it really matter?

sewNso 01-08-2013 11:16 AM

caroline, that is a beautiful machine. and linda, like your finished top. i had to work, to get over on 'scrappy' also. the more i do, the more i like them. can't wait for sat., but i'm getting other things done in the mean time. that's all i do in retirement. sew, sew, sew. my aim is to use up all my stash before i check out.

Dedemac 01-08-2013 11:34 AM

Caroline can I have the throat plate? I love it! The machine is beautiful and the table gives it a comfortable lived in look. Thank you for sharing.

haylillan 01-08-2013 12:22 PM

my stash buster scrapy

this is my 2nd scrap quilt & never used orange before i think i've figured out how to put those last pieces on the quilt time will tell