Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

LeslieFrost 02-23-2012 03:16 PM

I see what you mean -- I certainly have more black and white in my stash! I'll give it a try, thanks.

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5001315)
Good combo but how about adding a white background with small black print for a little more contrast? When I take my glasses off (do it all the time to see how fabrics work together LOL) the first three blend together.

LeslieFrost 02-23-2012 03:20 PM

Your fabrics are gorgeous! So not my comfort zone!

Has their ever been a swap where you let someone else choose fabrics for you, other than a Boomerang? It might help me to expand my view if someone else forced me to!

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 5000434)
Here';s my fabrics...do you think they will work? And should I switch B and E, so the maroon is next to the orange instead of the brown? Anyone...would like your thoughts/ideas...

There is a lot more orange in the flowered fabric then this picture shows.

paintmejudy 02-23-2012 03:43 PM

Well, Florence, you can always make another top with different colors. And now aren't you glad I made this an every-two-week posting? Yeah, it's murder to wait a month for that second thing that gets you started. But this way everyone can second guess themselves! LOL Just kidding, everyone is doing fine.

PokerDiva 02-23-2012 04:08 PM

Yes, thank you Judy. It is hard to wait a month for the next directions. I am in several BOMs and it just kills me. But it's not like I don't have anything else to do it's just that I don't want to. LOL.

lovelyl 02-23-2012 04:26 PM

My Fabrics

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabrics. Do you think these will work?[ATTACH=CONFIG]314908[/ATTACH]
Wow - don't know why the pic is so huge!

paintmejudy 02-23-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5002244)
Here are my fabrics. Do you think these will work?[ATTACH=CONFIG]314908[/ATTACH]
Wow - don't know why the pic is so huge!

Lovelyl, your fabrics are lovely! Yes, they will be beautiful and will work nicely. I only would suggest separating what appears to be 2 blues, the 2nd and 3rd from the left. Will make the blue and pink stand out more. Love your purple.

lovelyl 02-23-2012 04:55 PM

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion!

Caroline S 02-23-2012 04:56 PM

Very Lovely, Linda. Pun intended.:)

lovelyl 02-23-2012 05:00 PM

Caroline,
Very punny! I love it! :D

VickiM 02-23-2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5001098)
Pretty colors. Will look nice together, but no, it would not be good to use F the teal also in position A. What you have is very pretty. Your teal will be prominent and very nice.

Thanks for the quick answer...I will stick with what I have laid out. Can't wait till March 5!