Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

PokerDiva 04-05-2012 02:39 PM

No one goes anywhere for wine without me...............................hic..........up.. ...

SunlitenSmiles 04-05-2012 02:49 PM

linking arms ..... it is five o'clock somewhere

jaba 04-05-2012 02:59 PM

I hear all of you loud and clear, thanks I needed an excuse for a vodka tonic!!!!!

paintmejudy 04-05-2012 03:03 PM

Just noticed that the pictures that got all hugely wonky the other day are back to normal. At least one thing is fixed LOL

whitepine 04-05-2012 03:50 PM

Jenniky, That R&B quilt is going to be so striking.

I hope someone opened my Canoe Ridge Cabernet for me so it is ready. And I'm happy to share because I don't need the whole bottle. :) Or maybe I do....I don't have to drive, I won't get a headache, if I'm quiet no one will notice me finishing it off.

Foxflower 04-05-2012 05:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5118615)
How is the rest of the flock coming together? I hear no honking whatsoever, wonder where they have gone.

Well, I'm not sure where ALL the other geese went, but I did see some in the pond and some standing around in the field looking confused. I all saw where one was standing then took off near the haystack. (Wished I'd had my camera with me to take a picture of that.) So here is what this goose was doing this morning......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325563[/ATTACH]
30% chance of precipitation my foot.....well, foot of snow too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325564[/ATTACH]
So, after a morning out in the snow and watching/try to help the snow plow get unstuck, here's what I've accomplished (some of this from yesterday too.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325565[/ATTACH]
I'm thinking the geese are going to fly around the center something like this. I'm also still adding to my scrap block to use on the back.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325566[/ATTACH]
I'll add the left over hsts when I'm done making all 32 geese. If they are too rowdy I'll send them back outside.

PokerDiva 04-05-2012 05:25 PM

My my....I guess I will quilt complaining about our spring snow.

paintmejudy 04-05-2012 05:44 PM

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, off find goose food. Geese feed? Will sprinkle a bunch for the birdies on my drive back.

Anyway, off to L.A. to visit my daughter, eat Indian food at our favorite place, and can loquats. Have a nice weekend and I will see all of you on Tuesday morning.

Everose 04-05-2012 05:44 PM

Foxflower, I wish you could send a little of that snow up to ND. Last year we flooded and this year is drought. Oh, Mother Nature!!!!

Watching the "geese" but more interesting is the turkey vultures that are flying around here again. They are so awesome to watch.

I have chocolate wine that I will share. Friend brought and now it's sitting in my refrig. Not crazy about it, but in a pinch....

Oksewnsew 04-05-2012 05:49 PM

OH my goodness, that snow is GORGEOUS! to me anyway.. We barely had a showing this winter, I could have cried. You must live in the mountainous region to have that much snow. Looks like you live in the country, another one of my favorites..lol I am originally from NE Missouri and we always had lots of snow. AAAHHH good on' memories..

I really like the colors in your blocks, good job.

Jean

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5119721)
Well, I'm not sure where ALL the other geese went, but I did see some in the pond and some standing around in the field looking confused. I all saw where one was standing then took off near the haystack. (Wished I'd had my camera with me to take a picture of that.) So here is what this goose was doing this morning......
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325561[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]325563[/ATTACH]
30% chance of precipitation my foot.....well, foot of snow too!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325564[/ATTACH]
So, after a morning out in the snow and watching/try to help the snow plow get unstuck, here's what I've accomplished (some of this from yesterday too.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325565[/ATTACH]
I'm thinking the geese are going to fly around the center something like this. I'm also still adding to my scrap block to use on the back.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325566[/ATTACH]
I'll add the left over hsts when I'm done making all 32 geese. If they are too rowdy I'll send them back outside.