Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SulaBug 04-03-2012 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5114801)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]325117[/ATTACH]
whispering....do not want to wake the geese....going to put them back in their project box till 4/16

I am whispering, so I won't wake your pretty geese blocks. They turned out lovely!! Shhhh...........
:D :D :D :D

whitepine 04-04-2012 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5114856)
The directions you gave are fine. I don't throw the cut offs, I just sew a double seam , 1/4", cut between , and then have little 2 3/4" squares for another project or a sashing row for the quilt.....depending on the finished project. But the nice thing is, they're already sewn and even ready for a scrappy, works for me.

What a great idea!! Thank you! I am making a rectangular shaped table topper and will be adding about 10" to two sides. I'm sure I can use those squares.

Jenniky 04-04-2012 02:47 PM

Setting tomorrows goal to include the completion of the geese... Will post a pic when Im done. Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Everose 04-04-2012 04:33 PM

Darn, I hope my machine gets back from servicing soon. Jen you are going to be ahead of me, but can't wait to see the "geese" flying.

I did it again today - while waiting for the train I put some clothes in the washer. YES, there was a kleenex in there somewhere. You would think at this age, I would learn to check every pocket - NO. I didn't think that was in the job application. Oh well, life goes on, and this is the reason for the vacc and broom.

Take care ladies, happy sewing.

yayaquilts 04-04-2012 05:47 PM

I'm so anxious to get back to sewing. (still not able to cut or sew since my carpal tunnel surgery on Monday.)
I have two boom swaps to make blocks for, a quilt for my swap partner, and of course, these wonderful mystery quilts (still working on the Orca Bay one)--and wouldn't you know I found another mystery quilt (I need another project like a hole in the head!!). Sew many projects, sew little time!!

Jenniky 04-05-2012 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Trying to catch the geese but they seem a bit allusive. This is gonna be a three diet pepsi morning.. Ha Ha :0 Be back later:) :)

PokerDiva 04-05-2012 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OOOOOOOhhhhhh Judy, help. Here is a pic of my C fabric on my A fabric. I have only sewed one side and it is not cut and only finger pressed so I could show you. Not much difference. My question: I am pretty sure I shouldn't use this combo, can I use one of the other fabrics twice or should I pick a fabric not in the rest of the quilt? All my A's and other fabrics are cut and sewed. I will hold these in reserve till I hear from you.

paintmejudy 04-05-2012 06:29 AM

Ooooo they are close, aren't they?
Florenjce, I went back and looked at your colors. Perhaps you could use another of your mid-range of blues? I think you could get away with adding a different blue. If not I'd definately use one of the blues again.
Or you could audition a yellow fromf the flowers and see how that would look.

SunlitenSmiles 04-05-2012 06:37 AM

quess.....what......did that message change in mid-air

this is a very mysterious/mistivious train

Jenni watch out for those geese, they peck you to pieces

i confess to guesseing some but do not know which way geese fly (city girl)

my best guess is the four 3 1/4 squares are for corners

PokerDiva 04-05-2012 06:54 AM

That message sure did change. It's a magic train. That only adds to the mystery.

Thank you Judy. I will change it to something else then I will post a pic.