Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

SunlitenSmiles 04-05-2012 07:11 AM

<- thinking our fearless mystery leader, Judy, is magic lady

and now to the dining car for 'High Tea' ............. no calories, I promise

paintmejudy 04-05-2012 07:28 AM

I had gone in to edit it, you probably were reading the message when it changed. No ghosts in QB today.

islandwiz1 04-05-2012 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Judy, here are my geese.

PokerDiva 04-05-2012 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here are mine. I decided to use D twice.

paintmejudy 04-05-2012 09:08 AM

Very pretty colors, island

Florence, great solution. Looks good.

How is the rest of the flock coming together? I hear no honking whatsoever, wonder where they have gone.

SunlitenSmiles 04-05-2012 10:06 AM

scattering sunflower seeds on the deck in the back of the caboose.....or we could open a box of crackers in the club car

Jenniky 04-05-2012 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow everyone has great geese.. I finished my geese as promised and could not resist to pull out everything I have made to go with this mystery quilt and place it around... Im thinking I might be making some more geese to fly around in this quilt but Im not sure will have to wait to find out the conclusion of the mystery to see where to go next with it. My daughter would like it to be at least Queen size.. Ive never made anything that big so far. I have been extensively practicing using a Satin stitch to applique around the dragons The two larger ones are applique with a decorated stitch I was playing with on my Machine. Looks good but daughter thinks the Satin stitch would look "LIKE WOW" she said. LOL
So doing a few more practice blocks and then Im gonna give the dragons a try. My understanding of my problem is not going around the curves fast enough so stitches get too thick. OMG there are so so so many curves on them dragons. Im a gluten for punishment. :) :) :)

pdcakm 04-05-2012 10:38 AM

just made a tour through the cars and seeing all those geese is mind boggling. can't wait to see how they go together with the rest of the quilt. just goes to show that, no matter what your personal fabric preferences, everyone can make a beautiful quilt. keep up the good work all.

roseirish48 04-05-2012 02:17 PM

So when this mystery first started I purposely set it up so posts would go to my hotmail account. so how come I've been following all the comments people have made but when the next step came out regarding making the flying geese, it did not get to Hotmail? I feel like some one "threw this Momma from the train". Not nice to upset this Mother's "Nature".
And those geese are bound to be very noisy right now...it's mating season. You think its noisy now, wait til the babies hatch!

SunlitenSmiles 04-05-2012 02:34 PM

Hugs ((((RoseIrish)))) strange things happened right around 04-01-2012. My notice of post started to go to junk mail instead of my regular hotmail and pictures were all blown way large....things changed, weird...

did not think all the noise was about nests & eggs & babbies....oh, my !

heading to the club car for wine !!!