Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Jenniky 04-21-2012 04:17 AM

Your quilt block turned out wonderful Works4me :) :) :) :)

Jenniky 04-21-2012 04:20 AM

Lovely great idea for your block it looks really great as a topper for bedside table. I would love to see your guest room when you have completed all of your decorating... I bet it will be very cozy :thumbup:

lovelyl 04-21-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5156568)
My silly geese decided to fly in a different formation. I'll probably bind it with the butterfly fabric because that is the only one I have enough of left over. I've named it The Mystery of the Butterflys. Thanks so much for the fun trainride, Judy, and also everyone else for the fun times in the club car. See you on the next trip.[ATTACH=CONFIG]329239[/ATTACH]

Wow, Whitepine! I love how you finished your block into a runner. Looks fantastic!

lovelyl 04-21-2012 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5158564)
Lovely great idea for your block it looks really great as a topper for bedside table. I would love to see your guest room when you have completed all of your decorating... I bet it will be very cozy :thumbup:

Thanks, Jenniky. The room is painted a pale lavender, so the topper is the first piece of decorating. I am thinking about making the same block smaller and making it into pillow shams.

whitepine 04-21-2012 07:13 AM

Thanks everybody, and borrow away, Jenniky. And thanks to the person who first mentioned doing pinwheels with the leftovers. I'd never made them before.

Jenniky 04-21-2012 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well played around with Whitepines variation..then finally settled on and hourglass design. My daughter is ironing it now and checking the threads before we sandwich it and put it on the quilting frame will have to play with fabric a bit..put I think the bumps will quilt out of it just fine. She is very excited about getting started on hand quilting it for her new apartment in Texas..she will be moving in at the end of May. This will be a wall hanging above the bed. Im going to make some matching throw pillows for the bed and am thinking of making a table topper using the same square like Lovely did for her side table. This was lots of fun ladies. Im a hugger.. so everyone gather round for a group hug in the club car... :) :) :) :) :) HUGS!!!!!

SheriR 04-21-2012 11:45 AM

Jenniky! That looks amazing. You're very clever.

lovelyl 04-21-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5159601)
Well played around with Whitepines variation..then finally settled on and hourglass design. My daughter is ironing it now and checking the threads before we sandwich it and put it on the quilting frame will have to play with fabric a bit..put I think the bumps will quilt out of it just fine. She is very excited about getting started on hand quilting it for her new apartment in Texas..she will be moving in at the end of May. This will be a wall hanging above the bed. Im going to make some matching throw pillows for the bed and am thinking of making a table topper using the same square like Lovely did for her side table. This was lots of fun ladies. Im a hugger.. so everyone gather round for a group hug in the club car... :) :) :) :) :) HUGS!!!!!

Wow! I'm impressed, Jenniky!

Jenniky 04-21-2012 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Sheri and Lovely... here is a picture of my daughter... working on the quilting lines before we put it on the frame. Im very proud of her. She told me yesterday...you know Mom you been having me help you all this time..and now when I move out Im going to have to get my own sewing machine.... Ha Ha....My plan worked... Hooray..for me :) :)

paintmejudy 04-21-2012 02:26 PM

Beautiful, Jennify!