Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

coopah 05-06-2012 04:32 PM

Jenniky, it's good to know you are home safely and that you had such a good time. So I'll bring the applesauce and we'll all enjoy those peach and punpkin butters, too. It's going to be a fun ride!

paintmejudy 05-06-2012 06:36 PM

Yes, Sunlite is correct - the morning of May 9th you will have fabric requirements, and the new mystery will be posted on a brand new thread in the Blocks of the Week and Month section. Then I go on vacation until the 23rd, and will check in with everyone on the 24th. On May 26th, and every Saturday morning after that until the last clue on June 30th, you will be given a set of instructions.

SulaBug 05-06-2012 11:39 PM

Thank you Judy, for the information!! :D I am so excited to see our first clue. I have marked all of these dates on my calendar. I hope you have a great vacation, maybe visit a few fabric stores. Wouldn't that be fun? Take care & stay safe.
:D :D :D :D

AnngelAnne 05-07-2012 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by coopah (Post 5194143)
Paintmejudy, If you ever go to Panera, try the cinnamon crunch bagel. Oh, yummers!

You are missing out if you don't know Panera. Any bagel is good there, hard to chose which to eat first and sad when they are all gone, lol. And the hazlenut cream cheese....................to die for. Yup, good place. Have to bring some onboard the next train ride.

IBQLTN 05-07-2012 04:12 AM

Pumpkin butter? Does anyone have a recipe for that?

Jenniky 05-07-2012 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 5199184)
You are missing out if you don't know Panera. Any bagel is good there, hard to chose which to eat first and sad when they are all gone, lol. And the hazlenut cream cheese....................to die for. Yup, good place. Have to bring some onboard the next train ride.

That's that...Im off to the gym today to work off some pounds so I can indulge in the treats Angelanne. My mouth is watering Hazlenut Cream Cheese... sounds heavenly. I looked up Panera there is one about 45 min. from where I live. Will have to take a Saturday drive and check it out. :) :) :)

lovelyl 05-07-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 5199318)
That's that...Im off to the gym today to work off some pounds so I can indulge in the treats Angelanne. My mouth is watering Hazlenut Cream Cheese... sounds heavenly. I looked up Panera there is one about 45 min. from where I live. Will have to take a Saturday drive and check it out. :) :) :)

Make sure you sign up for one of their cards - they put free and reduced priced items on your card occasionally as a surprise when you visit. In the past I have gotten 99 cent deserts, a free $4 smoothie, and lots of $1 off drinks.

SunlitenSmiles 05-07-2012 07:22 AM

Ok, googled it, closest one (Panera) here is 0.19 miles, why did I not know this.....Oh, it is not on the most direct route to the LQS, now I understand. Hazelnut cream cheese was major player in my dreams last night.

coopah 05-07-2012 02:06 PM

Oh, Sunliten, you have no idea the envy I have for you living so close to a Panera. Or maybe not! LOL!! If you like Cuban black beans, the Panera black bean soup is just yummers. They don't have it every day, so you have to ask. The Thai chicken salad has a bit of a bite, but not in a bad way. Oh, yes, do get their card. It will get you a freebie now and then! :-)

irishrose 05-07-2012 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm ready to jump back on the train. I made lemon cheesecake bars today so I can bring some along.

Don't throw stones at me. I scrapped the gorgeous purple fabric. I just couldn't cut it when I didn't know the finished product. If I could get more, I wouldn't have minded, but I emptied the bolt so no cuts until I decide what it will be feutured in. I replaced it with the batik, which I don't like, but it did the job. My oldest daughter does like so it will become a wallhanging above the daybed in her sewing room. She burned out a year ago so needs a lot of these little things. The swatch to the side is the start of a tipped bricks border because has to finish at 40".

Thank you, Judy, from another Judy for doing this. It has been fun even though I didn't keep up and didn't get to play as much as I[ATTACH=CONFIG]333626[/ATTACH] would have liked. The dress that used up my time has been mailed, so I'm ready for the next one!