Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Block-of-the-Month, March 2013 - Lucky Clover Photos

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    I chose to use the 12" pattern that does not include the set in seams... been there...done that... not a happy camper... So happy that I have this block completed in my colours that I will be using throughout the year. Thanks everyone for your pictures & for those who have chosen the blocks. Attachment 399629
    Thimblebug6000............Your March 2013 BOM block looks really neat in black & white with a splash of color. I am also glad to hear that you will be making all of your blocks with these same fabric's. What a pretty quilt you will have when you are all done. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    My block's done! This went together much better than the whirling star - only 1 attempt needed to get this one right, Y-seams and all
    Attachment 399660
    Krista..........Wow, only one attempt to make this gorgeous block for the March 2013 BOM project!! I love it & the color's you have chose to put together. This is going to make such a fun looking quilt. Thank you for sharing too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaHen View Post
    Yes they will all have the same background and the lighter fabric. Will add other fabrics to go with those depending on the blocks.
    I'm glad you like it. Thanks.
    MamaHen.........Thank you so much for letting all of us know that you will be using the same fabric's in all of your block's too. This year we are going to have so many beautiful quilts by the end of the year. Keep on sewing!!

Sulabug your blocks are so pretty, you're going to have a gorgeous quilt! I love how you used two colors for your heart background. Do you think you'll be using sashing?
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Sulabug your blocks are so pretty, you're going to have a gorgeous quilt! I love how you used two colors for your heart background. Do you think you'll be using sashing?
    CAS49OR...........Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, I definately plan to use sashing between my block's, but haven't decided what color I want to use yet. The reason I put two color's together for the backgrouond of the Crazy Heart block, is I want all of the blocks to have the pink & purple in them. It was kind of a last minute decision, but I am pleased with the way it looks.

Blog Entries
    SulaBug, I just love your fabrics. Those are my all-time favorite colors. You do such nice work.

Here is my March BOM.
    This onew was easier for me .Maybe because I took more time. I did watch a tut that showed me how to do the Y seamsName:  059.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  1.07 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma Bauder View Post
    Here is my March BOM.
    This onew was easier for me .Maybe because I took more time. I did watch a tut that showed me how to do the Y seamsName:  059.JPG
Views: 286
Size:  1.07 MB
    Roma...........your March 2013 BOM block, has turned out really great!! I just love the color's & fabric's that you picked out to put together, they play so well together too. I am glad to know that this one was easier for you to get done. Now all we have to do it wait for April's BOM block to get here. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!

Blog Entries
    Roma, I love the red white and blue! and I really like the black and white with the green. I am rethinking my splash of color, as i am doing a black and white themed quilt, I might just change my splash of color every month, after all each month does have it's own color, well in my mind it does! LOL Now I am going to go and play with this block to see how I can add a touch of Green for March!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Blog Entries
    Marytoddliz..........I Love your idea of changing your slpash of color for each month. What a great idea & I will be anxiously waiting to see your March 2013 block when it's all done!! You are going to have a spectacular quilt by the end of the year.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast