Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Block-of-the-Month PICTURES, JUNE 2013 - Dresdan Plate 12"

dd
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    These blocks are awesome! Can't decide it I want the points or rounded. I did pull out a main fabric that I've been saving & only have a small amount of. I plan to use it for every other blade. Maybe I can start today
    Sometimes they just do 4 blades of the same color and the center. That would save you some fabric for another square.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Blog Entries
    Marytoddliz- I have ran into the same problem of ending up with a larger DP then intended and thus have gifted several nice pillows to family and friends.

MamaHen - Your DP is fantastic. Im curious as to how your point tips are a different fabric. Is that a result of the print of the fabric... like in the Paisley DP I shared???
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    These blocks are awesome! Can't decide it I want the points or rounded. I did pull out a main fabric that I've been saving & only have a small amount of. I plan to use it for every other blade. Maybe I can start today
    Scrappy DP's are one of my favorites. My DP made from the scraps of the other BOM's we have done this far sits nicely along all the other finished blocks. I really am enjoying the 2013 BOM.
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Marytoddliz- I have ran into the same problem of ending up with a larger DP then intended and thus have gifted several nice pillows to family and friends.

MamaHen - Your DP is fantastic. Im curious as to how your point tips are a different fabric. Is that a result of the print of the fabric... like in the Paisley DP I shared???
    I extended the template one inch, then made a second template out of that-cut fabric and then sewed them onto the original blade, then folded & sewed across like you showed. I made sure to include the 1/4" seam allowance in each of the template pieces where they came together.

Name:  close up.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  244.2 KB Jenniky- Here is a close up of the blades. I only stitched in the ditch across those points when I appliqued the DP to my background fabric.

Marybethiz I really like your background too, it will make a great modern looking pillow or sham.

MamaHen yours is gorgeous! I love how much character the added points give it. The colors are wonderful together.

I hope to have mine done tomorrow, I think I'll end up with an oversize block too so may do the whole thing over.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    I just finished mine. Each blade of my Dresden Plate is made with Iris print fabric's & I love how it turned out!! Everyone's blocks so far this month are amazing. Enjoy ladies!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by SulaBug; 06-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Love how you did your background...all of them together look fab!

Sulabug that is going to be one very happy quilt. You DP is just amazing.

Blog Entries
    Sulabug- WOW... love you DP I concur with all the above posted comments. I have to say though I especially love your DP. The Iris fabric has a definite WOW factor in my book. It kinda of gives it a stained glass effect I think.
    Have an awesome day!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast