Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Along January 2013

Blog Entries
    thanks Rosie!! printed and need to check the stash.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!

Vicki G - Have a Great Day !!
    www.vickigdesigns.com

Blog Entries
    Me and my sister are going to quilt along with you. Me from Michigan, her from Oregon. She had not quilted before last october, when she visited me and we made quilts for the grandkids, etc from her mothers clothes. She went home with my Singer 301 and all the supplies she will need to get started. I thought this would be a perfect project for her. Lots of help here. She is signed up for the board, but her screen name escapes me. LOL I have sent her a link so hopefully she will check in soon.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Blog Entries
    I just found this thread and this does sound like fun although I do have a question...you said we're making one block per week, from either easy or challenging, and the third week is catch up? So the fourth week is another block? If so, with 52 weeks in the year and we take out 12 for catch up weeks, that will give us 40 finished 12" blocks? Is that right? So, if I make 2 extra blocks and end up with 42, I will have a quilt format that is 6 blocks wide and 7 blocks down and a finished quilt of 72" x 84"?

Blog Entries
    Hope that's right, that is the way I read it also. I'm going to make both of the blocks and then put them together. These 1st two I did today so here's a pic of my start.....Name:  block of the month.JPG
Views: 410
Size:  1.21 MBDon't know how well this fabric is showing but it's black, gold , gray and specks of this light lavender.

Jaba, your blocks are beautiful. Looks like you have a plan. I am still deciding wethere I want to do this or not.

Blog Entries
    I wanted to do something with this "exploding" fabric, so this is making me do it and......it will be a mystery right up to the end. Hope the reveal will have great results.

I'm very interested in doing this as well.. I'm hoping it will give me the dedication I need to actually finish! It will be my first large quilt.

I've done one baby quilt that never got bound as my dog took a wee on it, and it broke my heart! Another baby quilt got sent to the Downy Quilt for Kids charity.. awesome cause and organization if anyone hasn't heard of it.

Is the plan for this quilt block-to-block or will there be sashing? I'm going to try and get a friend to do this along with me.. surely we can all manage one block a week!

I'd like to suggest these two blocks:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/S/ScrapbaggerBlock.html
    http://www.quilterscache.com/I/Inter...ondsBlock.html

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    I'm very interested in doing this as well.. I'm hoping it will give me the dedication I need to actually finish! It will be my first large quilt.

I've done one baby quilt that never got bound as my dog took a wee on it, and it broke my heart! Another baby quilt got sent to the Downy Quilt for Kids charity.. awesome cause and organization if anyone hasn't heard of it.

Is the plan for this quilt block-to-block or will there be sashing? I'm going to try and get a friend to do this along with me.. surely we can all manage one block a week!

I'd like to suggest these two blocks:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/S/ScrapbaggerBlock.html
    http://www.quilterscache.com/I/Inter...ondsBlock.html
    I really like that diamond pattern

Dingle

Jaba,
    I really appreciate seeing your blocks. Our holiday is winding down. I hope to sew tomorrow! Dotty
    Dotty in NYC

Hi Ronda, this is only going to last about 16 weeks. So it should go something like this:
    Week 1 - Easy and Challenging Block
    Week 2 - Easy and Challenging Block
    Week 3 - Catch up on the first two blocks in the quilt
    Week 4 - Easy and Challenging Block
    Week 5 - Easy and Challenging Block
    Week 6 Catch up on any blocks that will bring you up to date and ready for week 7

We will do this for about 16 weeks. If everyone enjoys it I will run it again, perhaps with a theme color or something like that. You can choose to do either the challenge block, the easy block or both blocks. It's all up to you. I will be working both blocks (hopefully) and will have more time now to dedicate to this since I just finished my twisted bargello top that I took a class for. Look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for color combinations.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
    I just found this thread and this does sound like fun although I do have a question...you said we're making one block per week, from either easy or challenging, and the third week is catch up? So the fourth week is another block? If so, with 52 weeks in the year and we take out 12 for catch up weeks, that will give us 40 finished 12" blocks? Is that right? So, if I make 2 extra blocks and end up with 42, I will have a quilt format that is 6 blocks wide and 7 blocks down and a finished quilt of 72" x 84"?
    Grab a bull by the horns and enjoy the ride....

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast