Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Along January 2013

Here are my two together.Name:  IMG_2988.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  89.4 KB Name:  IMG_0086.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  89.0 KB

Nice color combo! oh goody more blocks to check out! That came out nice Rosie.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Ok, finished my challenge block! I really, really, really like the colors, did I say really....lol Ok, here it is....

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Name:  photo(3).JPG
Views: 498
Size:  845.5 KB
    Everyone's blocks look great! Mine I will call "Chicken Soup", as there are chopped up piece of chicken and egg all through the fabric. lol. I thought this would be a better choice of fabric. This may end up being my center block, since it is so bright. I got this fabric at a yard sale in a big storage container full of fabric. It's not my favorite, but there is a lot of it, so I better use it for something.

I was going to try the other block as well, but I tell you.. the BOM just about kicked my butt yesterday. I thought I would play it safe and try the easy block!

French Fry, the challenge block was actually easier than the easy block, go figure. I think because there really are no points to match. Give it a try....

I think what I am going to use to keep my quilts cohesive is to try and use the same fat quarters for a certain number of blocks, than find some more fat quarters in the same color groups to continue with it. Oh that was a BIG run on sentence...lol

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen View Post
    Name:  photo(3).JPG
Views: 498
Size:  845.5 KB
    Everyone's blocks look great! Mine I will call "Chicken Soup", as there are chopped up piece of chicken and egg all through the fabric. lol. I thought this would be a better choice of fabric. This may end up being my center block, since it is so bright. I got this fabric at a yard sale in a big storage container full of fabric. It's not my favorite, but there is a lot of it, so I better use it for something.

I was going to try the other block as well, but I tell you.. the BOM just about kicked my butt yesterday. I thought I would play it safe and try the easy block!

Rosie, I really really like your colors too

Quilt Along Jan

Here are my first two!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dotty in NYC

Hi all and a Happy New Year!

Am new to this site - and relatively new to quilting - and would love to join this QAL. Really looking forward to learning lots of new blocks.

Am in the UK (in a lovely, though currently rather grey, patch of countryside in Sussex) so won't be able to join the forum chat, but will be checking in and posting pics as I go along. Everything posted so far looks really great - looking forward to seeing the rest of the blocks!

Right; better get started...
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    What great looking blocks everyone! I especially love yours Rosie! Here is my block. I'm going to make myself a girlie quilt, using blocks from a couple of different quilt alongs.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cool cool love the selections and frenchfry she is right the other block is super simple and your doing alright one day at a time and we all get better. glad your jumping right in. Yikes the bom challenge block challenges all of us. You sure bit a big dog with that one!

i am so ready for the next block selection .. time today just tapping my toes.. guess that isnt a horrible bad thing.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast