Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilt Along January 2013

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Printed them off and will attempt the paper piece. We'll see how is goes later today.Will have to take a very deep breath for this one. Slow and steady.......I hope.

Blog Entries
    Ok, finished my 3rd week, just not enough time to do the extra ones will have to save them for later.

I photographed all 3 of each together, they are looking good if I do say so myself

Name:  IMG_01651_zps2dc9295d.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  107.9 KBName:  IMG_01641_zpsb3e2b822.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  185.5 KB

Carolynmt, both look good, but I love the orange and B&W.

Here are Broken Wheel and Axe& Churn. Off to work on Balkan Puzzle.
    Name:  P1290846.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  1.63 MB
    Misty

Quote Originally Posted by vickig626 View Post
    hoping to work on all the blocks over the next few days. DH is back in the hospital for his COPD so running back and forth to the hospital and having my own health issues wears me out and all I want to do is sit and rest. But my mind is thinking of the blocks I want to be working on. And because I want to get some stash busted, I think I'll make the "regular" blocks from one scrappy theme and the alternate (extra) blocks from another. Then I can end up with 2 quilts....that is, as long as I can work on them without getting too far behind throughout the year.
    You be sure and take care of yourself.

i'm following 3 BOMs. Here is the January work so far.
    Dotty in NYC

January

I 'm following 3 BOMs. Here is the January work so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dotty in NYC

Blocks are looking good ladies. I need to do 3rd week.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Three more done today. Did the Balkan Puzzle and the paper pieced Triple Star. Broke my first Balkan Puzzle (sewed wrong way), anyway made a new one and wound up with a bunch of leftover triangles so made the little zigzag because I hate wasting material!
    Name:  IMG_1988.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  178.0 KB
    Starting to look quite "circus." I think a 2-year-old girl will love it!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Blog Entries
    Love everyone's so far!
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.

Blog Entries
    They are all wonderful, i love seeing the different interpretations, they are same pattern, yet so different. I will catch up, hopefully, or will just have to settle for watching. Too many irons in the fire. Story of my life, but this time i really piled it up. Stressing over work, need to concentrate there for a while. Still need my nightly fix of the QB.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Love what everyone has come up with!

My sewing machine, Luna Lovegood, (the quirky, beat-of-your-own-drum girl from Harry Potter) is at the doctor's.

It's most likely a timing issue, but I can't wait to get it back. I have really missed spending my Saturday catching up on these blocks. From the looks of last week's challenge, I should be cutting out pieces while I wait for her.

Who all is doing quilt-as-you-go with their blocks?

Here is my Broken Wheel and my puzzle. I did use 2 shades of dark blue for the puzzle. They were mostly square at the end. I think I am getting more comfortable with putting the corner squares on. My first ones looked like trapezoids!

Name:  DSCI2821.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  105.3 KB
    I am going to try the harder blocks this week, I need to balance my time at the sewing machine with time spent with the DH. When it get's this cold up here he can't go play in his "Man Cave" That's when I get my knitting done since he likes me to keep him company. It's sweet but some times frustrating, when I am not doing the project I really want to do.

Blog Entries
    dedemac great looking blocks . You need to get some kind of heater for that man cave!!

Great looking blocks!! Had my hip correction surgery and because of a bid drop I BP, have again landed in SICU. I'm doing great now.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

grandme so sorry to hear about your trip to icu. that is horrible. i am however glad to hear your doing better. I take medication for lower blood pressure also. its not a picnic for sure. sewing soon I will hope for you and those who are over busy or worse not doing well. this is a lucky block club as well its do it if you can, when you can and the rest of the time its wonderful to have you here chatting it up. how grand is that? I plan to do one block extra this week. I had to get started on a wall hanging and also finish mug rugs. completing things so I am free to work on this and my quilt. one day at a time
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries

latest block

Got my block done, one of them at least for this freebie week. I have tried three times, hoping the third was charm, just didn't turn out that way. I definately don't think paper piecing is in my future. Right now it's just not sinking in as something I want to do bad enough I guess. I love the look of it but will have to settle for window shopping. Any block I can cut out the pieces and sew is perfect, don't even mind those set in seams.Name:  DSCF1055.JPG
Views: 222
Size:  1.22 MB

Jaba, I love the colors you have been using. The square looks great to me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks dedemac, this 1 is the just "cut the pieces and sew together" don't have a problem with them, knock on wood at least so far. The paper piece one is in a million pieces in the trash can. Like your avatar by the way, is that a block or a full quilt?

My sewing machine is back from the doctor! She needed a new bobbin case.. the old one was stripped. Glad it was an easy fix.. now to play catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    Thanks dedemac, this 1 is the just "cut the pieces and sew together" don't have a problem with them, knock on wood at least so far. The paper piece one is in a million pieces in the trash can. Like your avatar by the way, is that a block or a full quilt?
    No it is about 2ft square, I am using it as practice for machine quilting which I have never done. It started as a replacement block for the Craftsy 2012 BOM and it just kinda morphed. All the fabrics except the blacks are non cottons. I used a mesh fabric I found in my stash to use as a backer for a mock paper piece since I needed it to stay. I am trying to get rid of 30 years of sewing scraps. Very little of what I have is normal quilting stuff. So all my blocks will be a little different. I loved the way the colors just keep coming at me. One of these days I will get it quilted, when I get the nerve up. Thank you

Blog Entries
    Tesspug - thank you and I'm trying but it's hard. Well, he came home from the hospital yesterday and already not following the plan. This gets me very frustrated which, in turn, makes my fibromyalgia flare up. Now, with the stress, I think my TMJ is rearing its ugly head. My quilting (or any kind of sewing) helps distract me from what bothers me, physical and emotional so need to keep trying to find "me" time.
    Life's More Fun with a Doxie !!
    ​Have a Great Day !
    Vicki G
    https://www.facebook.com/vickigdesigns
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VickiGDesigns

Blog Entries
    Designed a new block today if anyone interested in trying it. Got antsy waiting for Friday and decided to do 3 random blocks on my own. One that I chose was called Contrary Wife. Super simple squares and HST. I found the squares to be too plain so decided to make them into 9-patch squares which should have been 4 1/2 inches when completed. Due to my fuzzy math skills, they came out to only 4 inches...what to do, what to do! I know. I'll make a little border on two sides of each and I will completely break the center one because now the 9-patch squares aren't all square. Next thing I know I am impersonating Eleanor Burns and tossing that center one right over my shoulder. Now what? Don't have enough scraps of the right color to make another 9 patch. Oh, but I have the bonus leftover HST from another block. YES!!!

I give you....Contrary Ex Wife!
    Name:  IMG_1994.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  244.3 KB

Directions. Make 4 4 1/2 inch HST. Next, cut strips 1 3/4 inch by I dunno...20 inches? Yes, there is where my math went wonk. Guessing the strips should have been 2 inches, I digress. Make the 9-patch and trim to 4 inches if needed. Sew a 1 1/2 inch strip to the two corner sides and then trim it all down to equal 4 1/2 inches. Make the center windmill with 2 1/2 inch HST. Assemble as shown with the top left and bottom right nine-patch units color strip facing inward and opposing corners color strips facing outward.

Gosh I hope that made some sense!

Oh and here she has grown by 3 blocks.
    Name:  IMG_1995.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  260.2 KB
    Made the Corn and Beans (upper left), Card Trick (upper center), and Contrary Ex Wife (center right). Not colors I would ever normally choose, but I like it!

Thank you so much. It seems that I am spending hours trying to find the blocks. I now have Jan and Feb and would sure help guidance finding the rest. Thanks again Juanita
    Learning daily!!!

Blog Entries
    Page 19 of this thread

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast