Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rose of Sharon Quilt

Rose of Sharon Quilt

I have spent over a year accumulating all the fabric, book, stencils, OESD Embroidery CD, Sharon Pederson's CD, and all other items needed to make this beauitiful quilt. I have an Artista 200 with upgrade to BSR. Size of each block would be somewhere around 8 in. Since my largest hoop is large oval I am assuming I will have to split the design when it comes to doing the embroidery feature. How-ever I have learned that the OESD embroidery CD is not compatible with the templates or stencils. Before beginning this expensive project would like to know if anyone has had a problem with the embroidery feature and how you overcame it. The project is referred to as a "reversible quilt" so the embroidery is a feature on the front applique w/ embroidery and the back embroidery. Any advise will be most welcome.

I don't know what to do on this but would try your embroidery on a few samples first, with your batting and all to make sure the machine will handle it. That will also let you know about splitting design. You may look into the possibility of being able to get and endless hoop and rotate the pattern. I hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by June K View Post
    I have spent over a year accumulating all the fabric, book, stencils, OESD Embroidery CD, Sharon Pederson's CD, and all other items needed to make this beauitiful quilt. I have an Artista 200 with upgrade to BSR. Size of each block would be somewhere around 8 in. Since my largest hoop is large oval I am assuming I will have to split the design when it comes to doing the embroidery feature. How-ever I have learned that the OESD embroidery CD is not compatible with the templates or stencils. Before beginning this expensive project would like to know if anyone has had a problem with the embroidery feature and how you overcame it. The project is referred to as a "reversible quilt" so the embroidery is a feature on the front applique w/ embroidery and the back embroidery. Any advise will be most welcome.
    Do you have a Bernina Dealer nearby?? They should be able to help you with this! I know my Pfaff dealer can assist both over the phone and in person when I have questions about the machine embroidery......

I bought the OESD CD and was very disappointed. I wrote the company and complained. Which I never do. The embroidery digitizing is terrible. The blanket stitch around the appliques is way too far apart and the the pieces were started to ravel just during handling. What would happen during washing, wear etc.? I was not a happy customer. I would suggest you do a sample block and you'll see what I mean.