Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
    Well, I said that I was going to use this to expand my color horizons, but I guess I'm not, unless I try to do two! I'm going with my favorite red, black and white. What do you think?

If the photo comes up properly, the A fabric (buttons) is on the left, and the F fabric (red with stitching and needles) is on the right.
    Leslie I love your fabric choices cant wait to see how this all comes together...is it March 5th yet... lol so much excitement.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    second guessing my choices....going to have another look thru stash....one box (bottom) cannot really remember what is in it.....for all newbies it is better not to have boxes that are so big they get heavy when full....because when you get older it gets difficult to access stash
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 02-23-2012 at 07:00 PM.

I'm going to look through my fabrics and see what I can come up with. This will be a first for me, but will hopefully get me motivated! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Here are the fabrics I chose....what do you all think?
    Name:  DSC02253.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  164.6 KB
    The third from the left (C) is a very light lavender print, and D is dark green....not sure if the colors are showing correctly. F is black with purple/lavender.

Blog Entries
    gorgeous and is the dark green Michael Miller 'Krystal' ? I have some of the black with purple flowers, luv it !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    gorgeous and is the dark green Michael Miller 'Krystal' ? I have some of the black with purple flowers, luv it !!!!!
    The selvage on the dark green just says "A VIP print".

I'm wondering if perhaps there is too much contrast with the dark green and your pastel colors. Other than than, I like your fabrics and they look pretty together.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 40MPHK9 View Post
    Here are the fabrics I chose....what do you all think?
    Name:  DSC02253.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  164.6 KB
    The third from the left (C) is a very light lavender print, and D is dark green....not sure if the colors are showing correctly. F is black with purple/lavender.
    Oh I like your choices that will make a pretty quilt for sure. [thumbsup]
    Have an awesome day!

I love the black and white monocromatic also with that punch........ I already cut my fabric and I figure if it is a mystery quilt then it's a mystery and whatever it is it is. I guess the fun for me is not figuring out where the colors should go, but what the heck it's gonna look like when it's done. lol If i don't like the way it came out the 1st time, I'll make it again.
    Abonda
    Take time to pray, It is the greatest power on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by abonda View Post
    I love the black and white monocromatic also with that punch........ I already cut my fabric and I figure if it is a mystery quilt then it's a mystery and whatever it is it is. I guess the fun for me is not figuring out where the colors should go, but what the heck it's gonna look like when it's done. lol If i don't like the way it came out the 1st time, I'll make it again.
    Well stated abonda. I mat have to try this one too. Way too many choices of projects
    sapdoggie

Life is full of many pieces- why not quilt?

Page 11 of 159 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast