Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    giggle.......it is long way to March 5th...................................this is going to be the 'carrot' that gets everything else finished by 03-05-2012

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    To anyone who is on the fence, as they say, as to which color will go in which position, I will only make this one suggestion. Hold off on cutting the 3-1/2" strips until they are ready to be used. You know that F will be prominent, so cut the five 2-1/2" strips and wait for the next set of instructions. "Nuff said!
    I haven't picked my fabrics yet, though hope to do that later today ... if not on the weekend for sure!

Clarification please ... you mentioned 3-1/2" strips could be held off in cutting.
    In the original instructions you cut 3-1/4" strips from A ...... so I'm thinking this is one and the same ... and should these trips be 3-1/4" or 3-1/2"???

For those of us who have already cut, and those to follow ... what is the correct measurement?
    Please? and Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY BAD!!!
    Yes, 3-1/4" strips, typo and I didn't catch it. Sorry for any confusion.
    To anyone who is on the fence, as they say, as to which color will go in which position, I will only make this one suggestion. Hold off on cutting the 3-1/2" strips until they are ready to be used. You know that F will be prominent, so cut the five 2-1/2" strips and wait for the next set of instructions. "Nuff said!
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries

I'm in with red, black and white

Well, I said that I was going to use this to expand my color horizons, but I guess I'm not, unless I try to do two! I'm going with my favorite red, black and white. What do you think?

If the photo comes up properly, the A fabric (buttons) is on the left, and the F fabric (red with stitching and needles) is on the right.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reading, cooking, sewing in retirement! Heaven!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a member of the Quilt A Month Club for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative! www.alzquilts.org
    I have a blog on QB now -- please drop in!

Blog Entries
    MY BAD!!!
    Yes, 3-1/4" strips, typo and I didn't catch it. Sorry for any confusion.
    you were teasing us to see if we were really reading the instructions !!!!!!!!! we all passed, good little campers that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post
    Well, I said that I was going to use this to expand my color horizons, but I guess I'm not, unless I try to do two! I'm going with my favorite red, black and white. What do you think?

If the photo comes up properly, the A fabric (buttons) is on the left, and the F fabric (red with stitching and needles) is on the right.
    Good combo but how about adding a white background with small black print for a little more contrast? When I take my glasses off (do it all the time to see how fabrics work together LOL) the first three blend together.
    Sweet Caroline

Oh my and wow - your monochromatic scheme with the red will be fabulous. Can't wait for you to start!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieFrost View Post

Blog Entries
    I already have 3 quilts in progress, but this is too good to pass up! I just retired yesterday, so I should have time to do 4 quilts, right? Off to look through my stash for fabric!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Congratulations on your retiredment! Of course you will have time to do 4 quilts! Welcome aboard. And if I missed anyone else, I apologize and extend a welcome to you also.

And Caroline, of course you can do two!

Oh ... ah .... ahem .... of course sunlit, I was trying to see if you guys were paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    I already have 3 quilts in progress, but this is too good to pass up! I just retired yesterday, so I should have time to do 4 quilts, right? Off to look through my stash for fabric!
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 02-23-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Judy, you are just too funny. AND is it March yet? AND next time I am waiting to see everyone elses choices before I choose mine. Everybody has great fabric choices. AND Leslie I am a big fan of black and white.
    Last edited by PokerDiva; 02-23-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 59 109 ... LastLast