Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum foil reuse

Aluminum foil reuse

My son and I are having a conversation about how many people reuse their aluminum foil after it's first use. He does not think that the majority of people do and I think the opposite Of course, I grew up in the 50's and 60's and everyone we knew did. I will wash it, let it dry, and put it away in the drawer for future use. Any thoughts on this subject.

Blog Entries
    I do not reuse it, but I also do not use it very frequently. If I used it everyday I wouldn't be throwing it away so easily.

Blog Entries
    I will reuse one if it's not soiled. i fold it and put it in the pantry near the foil box.

My mom reuses but I do not.
    Linda

If it's clean enough I reuse it! I just lay it on the counter, run a wet dishcloth over it and then dry it. If it doesn't get used it's good to wad up in a ball for cleaning the grill etc.

My kids get so upset with me for reusing things. But I guess that is the way I grew up. And today it works out with recycling. I reuse the heavier plastic silverware. It is a shame to through them out, when it takes so little to wash and dry them. I guess it comes from being a farm kid in the 50's, but you know I can sure make do with what I have if I have to. Would like to see some of the kids of today make do with what we used to have to.

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, I had an aunt who used to save and reuse tea bags too. Life is too short to wash tin foil.

I rarely use aluminum foil anymore. When we were kids (many, many years ago) my cousin and I used to fashion designer dresses for her dolls from the aluminum foil covering the cake that my mother broght to dinner. (There was NEVER any cake left and after the pan was washed, the aluminum foil was ours.) Each time we visited her dolls had only their original dresses on them. I don't know what happened to the aluminum foil after our session. Today I use plastic containers or plastic wrap. Plastic containers are washed and reused but plastic wrap sticks together too much for much reuse.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

I will reuse it if it is fairly clean - then again I wash large plastic storage bags and use them over and over.
    Don't know if that is for recycling and just being cheap.

Power Poster
    I have reused a piece that was just used to wrap buns for heating in the oven. I do not use it again if it was used on anything raw in case of bacteria contamination. Foil is cheap and hospital visits are expensive.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast