Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another jaw-dropping tv program >

Another jaw-dropping tv program

Another jaw-dropping tv program

Old 06-16-2016, 06:42 PM

There is a commercial where three women are in bikinis and each has a bush in front of their public area and they start trimming the bushes. It boggles my mind that women aren't up in arms over this and getting it removed.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:42 AM

Don't like reality shows ever since back in the day with the bachelor shows ....no prude here....it's just stupid to me....beside I'd rather be quilting....even cleaning my toiltet bowl is a better use of time.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:49 AM

I don't watch a lot of tv anymore. Seems everything is either full of vulgar language, sex, or just plain stupid stuff. I like some of the Food Network programs. Hubby watches the older westerns like Gunsmoke, Rifleman, and etc. If I had young children I'd probably not have it on much at all.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:54 AM

IMHO, the 'reality' shows are contrived and organized to get people to watch....that's all TV is about. Naked people and contrived situations aren't my thing, but if other people think it's great, they can have it. "American Pickers" and "Chasing Classic Cars" is as much reality as I need these days. :-)
Old 06-17-2016, 05:47 AM

I also DVR shows I like and thank goodness for Netflix, I choose what I watch and it's usually a "feel good" movie.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

I never watch that garbage. They have some of the worse TV I have ever seen. No wonder children learn the things they do.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM
Power Poster

The shows on PBS and Nick, Disney for young kids are not what you think either. Watch a few and see why kids today seem so entitled. They start them young. The new Sesame Street is not like the classic my kids grew up with. My grands watch the old fashioned cartoon and shows. Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, Howdy Dooty, Bugs Bunny, Soupy Sales, Three Stooges, Superman, Popeye, Daffy Duck, etc.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:13 PM
Power Poster

Most TV is trash to me and hubby. We enjoy the pet shows, a decent dramatic movie, a few old series shows, and shows like NOVA.
Old 06-17-2016, 05:29 PM

We dropped direct TV about 2 months ago and have not looked back. Not only are we richer for it ,but with Netflicks we watch what we want,when we want. We also got an antenna and rokus for the netflicks and other channels it provides.
That show is revolting. I watched it once. It seems like something a kid would come up with. Let's get naked and go streaking!! Nuts!!
Old 06-18-2016, 03:01 AM

I don't own a home and rent furnished condos, summer and winter. Both places come with cable included. I don't know what people pay for cable these days, but no way would I pay more than $5 a month for what I see on the TV. Many nights I just go to bed early and read.

Another thing I have stopped watching is shows about people being stupid. Like Catfish - how the heck do you "fall in love" with someone you have never met? Or the ones where someone is obese and complains they don't know what food choices to make. Give me a break.

I have been enjoying "Alone" on History channel, after binge watching the first season "on demand".