Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Another jaw-dropping tv program >

Another jaw-dropping tv program

Another jaw-dropping tv program

Old 06-15-2016, 06:13 AM

Default Another jaw-dropping tv program

I must keep that tv off! The other evening channel surfing, looking for something to break the silence of the house, I came across this - Naked and Afraid........omg, is all I can say.......I thought Survivor was
nuts....this one takes the cake...two complete strangers- male/female meet on a road in some uninhabited place in their birthday suits, no provisions...must survive for 21 days and trek to some predetermined place for pickup at that time....BUT...there is also a "small" crew with them filming this saga! What next!
Old 06-15-2016, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I never turned that on because I thought the commercials for it were appalling.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:59 AM

This has been on for some time now, and I agree. Jaw dropping. It is amazing to watch and see who steps up to the plate and who becomes the dead weight. I know I couldn't do it. I've seen some episodes where they are just COVERED in bites. The itching alone would have driven me to ring out and go home. Wait....I'd have never gone in the first place. (*shivers*)
Old 06-15-2016, 07:16 AM

What a lot of crazy stuff on tv. I rarely watch anything other than the food network or hgtv or the news. Once I was flipping through and saw another one about a realtor working in a nudist colony. All I could think of is "icky" looking at the furniture in the houses.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

yep , not even worth watching.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
What a lot of crazy stuff on tv. I rarely watch anything other than the food network or hgtv or the news. Once I was flipping through and saw another one about a realtor working in a nudist colony. All I could think of is "icky" looking at the furniture in the houses.
Maybe they put towels on all the cushions?
Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 AM

It is common etiquette in nudist colonies that you always have a towel with you to sit on. No, I am not one!!!

Naked and Afraid is one of the few shows I watch. Interesting to see how the personalities work together. The nakedness is not seen (except from behind) and is incidental, IMO. I agree, I could never do it. They had one episode where someone dropped out before they even started, just on the reputation of the location they were going to be in.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

That naked and afraid show would not work for me. I wash my hands too often and I'm not about to eat larvae and sleep with another man in the altogether. I saw one where the guy got bit in the posterior by ants. All I could do was laugh. DH walked in on that one and said; "Really, Theresa a guy digging his butt and you think that's entertaining?" No but I had only just flipped it because of channel surfing. He always walks in at jus the right moment!! LOL!!
Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 AM

I remember why I just dvr what I like and don't watch much of anything else. In the evening, I"m usually on the computer and my husband has Ancient Aliens on.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:44 PM

I spend too much time on the computer to watch things on TV that I consider worthless and/or vulgar.