Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Another scam going around!

Another scam going around!

I received a text message this evening saying I won a $1000.00 gift card from Target.
    It tells me to go to a website and enter the code.

In order to receive this gift card, I have to BUY or SUBSCRIBE to something and give my CC number. In order to have this card Fed-Ex'd to me.

I did neither!!

So beware of evil texts!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Anytime I'm asked to pay for something free, I delete it. I's not free if I have to pay for shipping, handling, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    Anytime I'm asked to pay for something free, I delete it. I's not free if I have to pay for shipping, handling, etc.

Exactly, I read the fine print. Target is NOT affiliated with this. I may call the Corporate office on Monday.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

This scam was on the evening news the other night, I also got the phone call. Beware everyone.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    I received one of those a couple of days ago only mine was from Best Buy saying we'd won some kind of sweepstakes we entered. We hadn't entered anything at Best Buy. grrrr

Both my husband and I got these text messages ... at 3:00 AM, then again at 4:00 AM (after we had fallen asleep again!). I said some very bad words let me tell you!!

I filed an FCC complaint.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I got this same text shortly after I was trying to get a 50% off coupon off of this website for Hobby Lobby. I just delated it. Also just delated the info on the Hobby Lobby coupon to print.

Blog Entries
    scary! i never look a gift horse in the mouth. I just delete, delete, delete.

I was getting so many of these in my inbox that I put a filter on saying if the subject line had "Gift Card" in it, send it straight to Trash. Then I almost missed a $5 Amazon gift card that I earned for completing a survey!! Luckily I caught it in time.

I got a message from Yahoo about doing something to "verify" my account....I called Yahoo and they said it wasn't them...I went back and read it again and it was filled with mistakes...if you EVER get one from a big business, it's ALWAYS letter-perfect...this one WAS NOT! The mistakes were hard to catch tho...so if you get one, beware. Just delete!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast