Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives?? >

Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives??

Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives??

Old 11-28-2010, 10:47 PM

Yuck, in the beginning I thought this guy Cody wasn't so bad....but after watching him on his "honeymoon" with his new "wife", I believe he is really just an overgrown sex addict. If I was one of those other three "wives" I would leave him in a heartbeat. What on earth can they possible be getting out this whole senario? Don't they realize they are heading for a train wreck? This latest one is not bad looking, thin and young. Of course he fell in "love" with her!!!! Okay, going to get off my soapbox, just had to vent about this one. Makes me want to puke!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:56 PM
Power Poster

I was flipping through channels one night and came across this show. Wanting to puke is a good way of describing the way I felt. It took all of about 5 seconds to flip to the next channel once I knew what this was about. I still have a hard time believing that is even on tv. YUCK!!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:58 PM

I've been watching, and still don't know what I think about it. I just sit there in awe watching it.
I can't understand what the deal is with these women. Do they have real low self-esteem? Is that what makes them not mind 'sharing'? I just don't get it.
Talk about having your Kate and Edith too. lol

Carol B
Old 11-28-2010, 11:02 PM

LOL!!!! That is funny Ctack!!! These women are not the brainwashed Mormons that we normally see on the news, they are modernized, yet somehow they are still living in the stoneage? Does he have that good a job that he can support all of them plus 13 children? EEWWWW!!! He looks like he has stinky feet too!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 11:20 PM

Personally, I don't think he is that great of a catch.

Maybe it is made of bronze or something.....LOL

Just another silly reality show. I really can't feel sorry for any of them, and why complain? They knew how it was gonna be before they married.

We all know how he paid for the honeymoon, the tv show did.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 AM

I tried to watch it once and only lasted about 5 minutes. Couldn't get past his ego and their 'sharing'. I know I couldn't be in their shoes...or anything else. lol
Old 11-29-2010, 04:40 AM

I always wonder, in these polygamous cults, what happens to the extra men. DOn't they realize there is a reason why half the babies born are male and half are female? If God wanted every man to have several wives, wouldn't he have arranged things differently?
Old 11-29-2010, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by trisha
LOL!!!! That is funny Ctack!!! These women are not the brainwashed Mormons that we normally see on the news, they are modernized, yet somehow they are still living in the stoneage? Does he have that good a job that he can support all of them plus 13 children? EEWWWW!!! He looks like he has stinky feet too!!!
I watched the first four episodes. It was like watching a train wreck really hard to look away. I feel sorry for the kids being raised to accept that it's okay to live like that. I think that the husband is an overgrown child and that the wives are all codependent and being married to this man helps fulfill that desire. I tried to watch the Honeymoon episode and just couldn't watch anymore of their idiocy. When the wives share their feelings I just want to slap them for being so blind to the effects of their decisions.

The 'brainwashed' Mormon wives are all from one sect and are a stereotype but make no mistake these women are just as brainwashed.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:00 AM

I agree with a poster above, its like a train wreck, I had to look. I watched a few episodes, and they just left me feeling incredibly sad for these women. I don't think any one of them is happy.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 AM

At first i was trying to be open minded as we do live in America with free choice but Oh man what a choice these women made!!!!The whole honeymoon episode makes me so sick to my stomach!!! The first three wives at home struggling with being jealous. If anyone of them left now its not one husband they are leaving but a HUGE family unit they would be leaving. It would be so painful to leave and so painful to stay. What a awful situation.

One thing for sure IF you were ever considering doing something like this and you watched the show it would hopefully make you think twice.....no MANY times about making that decision.