Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives?? >

Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives??

Anybody keeping up with Sister Wives??

Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 AM

I haven't watched it.... mostly I'm sick to daeth of 'reality' t.v..... but, really, why do they act surprised that the authorities are looking into the legality of the relationships after they made their relationship public? Okay if he's legally married to one woman , then it makes the rest of them his 'baby momas'. and you're right.... he doesn't look like that good of a catch to me,,,,, looks like he needs a hair cut & a bath. FYI to the women.... Colorado has plenty of eligible men that would be happy to be in a comitted relationship with a woman who has children , if pickens' are that slim there....
Old 12-01-2010, 09:44 AM
BMP

I am not a Sarah Palin fan but I do enjoy the show for the scenery....Alaska is beautiful.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM

As a reaction to this thread, I watched the honeymoon episode last night. TLC repeatedly misspelled San Diego as "San Deigo." I think that pretty much sums up TLC.

Historically, and currently, polygamy is an interesting issue when viewed analytically. It's hard to do that when living people are playing out their lives on TV. I would rather watch a fictional take on it ala Big Love or *read* some non-fiction. There is at least one good book out there on Lost Boys.

These women are definitely not the prairie dress clad group we've come to know via the news. Do they have issues in common with the compound crowd? No idea. And, I'm not going to find out.

In defense of Fundamentals in general, I have no issues with them. If I did, I would probably also not like my neighbors who pray five times a day and subjugate their women. Or, the Orthodox community a few blocks from here. All have been nice to me and I respect their ability to live as they please. I don't know what is best for everyone else.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Brother Husbands, I like that... One to do yard work, one to do house work, one to earn a living, one for "AHEM..."
I was thinking, I do need a new 'can opener'
Old 12-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Heh! Live and let live...as long as the children are not being physically abused or molested, I don't see a problem in letting people live the lifestyle that they want to live. They're not trying to force it on me...anymore than I'm going to try to force my lifestyle on them. The women knew/know what they're getting into when they say "I do".

On a more lighthearted note....I've told William that he's welcome to have a couple more wives...he's just not allowed to touch them in any way, shape or form! :LOL: (someone to cook, clean, etc.!! ;) )
Old 12-11-2010, 12:54 PM

I just had to add this
Attached Thumbnails attachment-141652.jpe