Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone canning now?

I canned 27 pints of salsa today. By the end of the week I will be canning tomatoes. Have already canned green bean, and froze some too.

I did more green beans this evening (after a full day teaching kdg). I am so sick of garden stuff right now! If DH picks anymore, I think I will scream! Once school begins, I truly do not have the energy to put up garden stuff. And to top it off, I skipped going to Zumba in order to take care of the beans this evening!

Done half runner green beans, brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, tomatoes, pole beans, lima beans, and bush beans. Plus packing and moving. I don't have free time.

I've been freezing green beans for several weeks now. I've got a few tomatoes to can tomorrow. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan and we have short summers so I'm hoping to get more tomatoes to can before it gets too cold.

Tomatoes. Wash them and put them in my vitamix then can them. No more peeling. 60 qts done

Blog Entries
    Our tomatoes are still green and tiny little buggers. We have 7 little maters on the vines. I think we planted them too late. I would love to make salsa and put up tomatos again. But I don't think its happening this year. :)

Blog Entries
    Getting ready to can salsa. What recipe did you use if you don't mind me asking. Also froze me some tomatoes. Does anyone else do this?

Verna

Blog Entries
    I have a garden full of ripe tomatoes - but no energy to can them is growing there! Where do you think I can get some? :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
    I've been freezing green beans for several weeks now. I've got a few tomatoes to can tomorrow. I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan and we have short summers so I'm hoping to get more tomatoes to can before it gets too cold.
    Headed your way this week. To Hancock.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    We are done...100 quarts of tomatoes. I may make some pizza sauce with the few we have left.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast