Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! >

August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

August 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 PM

Hi all, I'm currently sitting in the ER with my dad. Waiting to see if he will be admitted. Guess I need to pack my small projects bag again. At least I grabbed my iPad. It's tough trying to work full time and care for my folks as well. Can't believe how tired I'm getting. We also have an adult autistic son who lives at home. I'd love to stay home but I carry the health insurance. Deep breath....today is mom's birthday as well. I guess we're back to one day at a time and every day is a good one. God is good and I know I am never alone.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Yes Countrymaid caring for elderly parents is tiring. Trying to deal with the insurance company is awful. We have found that if one person tells you something you don't like (Medicare) just call back because the next person will tell you something completely different. My sister and I are trying to finish up my dads medical bills. It make me want to drink or something. They told us yesterday they wouldn't pay any more of his bills because he is dead. Well Duh! These were all from June when we had Hospice. It almost gives me a headache just thinking about it. Are your parents elligable for help from the council on aging or anything?
I am leaving for Myrtle Beach on Friday morning. Just us girls. I am taking my sewing machine and teaching a class while we are there. My 2 SIL and 3 other ladies. We are making a professional tote. I have made about 10 of them. I hope I can get one made too as a Christmas gift for my DIL. I am hoping to get my machine back tomorrow. I really hate the old one. Don't know how I sewed on it for 25 years. The Janome is so much nicer.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:47 AM

Missouri Star quilt company is trying to kill me. I love their daily deals. Today it is Stonehenge fabric. I am supposed to be on a fabric diet too. Cutting out fabric buying is almost harder than eating the right foods.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 AM

Thanks meanmom, Office of the Aging is to call the folks today. Mom can get 4 hours per week and dad still has the county nurse coming when needed. Turns out his clotting factor was off yesterday so we should be good in a day or two. He's home and one of my brothers is to stop in this morning and do bedtime tonight. DH and I are taking the 3 yr DGD to the circus tonight. It should be lots of fun.

I have a Janome DC 2010 and love it. I did get a Jem for $75 off of Craig's List. I'm thinking about bringing it to work with me. I have an hour for lunch and could piece blocks if I had them ready. There are three of us that knit, crochet or cross stitch so we hang out together and chit chat while we work. I'm just finishing a sweater for each of the DGDs.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM

News on DD, it is fibroid tissue that is clotting in her breasts, yes each of them has one. she is to be on vitamin e oil tablets for miminum of two weeks to get them to clear themselves. If they do not go away, they will have to go in and remove them. No fun there. she is so disappointed, they told her that her breasts are still growing. How funny it is, a girl who does not want large breasts. She is a B cup right now and wants to stay that way. Way too funny.
DH is still struggling with his pain. He hasn't complained for a day and I am afraid to ask how he is. the other night I thought I would be sitting int he ER with him because he was in so much pain. I am hoping and praying that the antibiotics are killing whatever is ailing him. This am he did complain of a headache which I have had now for nearly two days. Not much sleep for this girl, but life goes on.
Hoping the rest of you are seeing a light to your tunnels. Great job on the weight loss 7 pounds already. I haven't gained anything nor lost.
I am currently going to mark a customer quilt with fishing designs in her main area of fabric, then will add fillers to the back grounds for her trout quilt. It will look so cool. She used a light color for the backing so all I do will show for sure. the outlining of the trout is really going to show.
Then I have one more of mine I want done for competition this fall. Coming up with ideas on how to quilt it. It is about a 40 hour quilt job which will take all my extra time if I want done in time for the fair not to mention all my others that are waiting for quilting. yikes!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:23 PM

I was down 2.4 today at my weigh in. Finally lost after stalling out for a while. I am .6 from losing 43 lbs. since Jan.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I was down 2.4 today at my weigh in. Finally lost after stalling out for a while. I am .6 from losing 43 lbs. since Jan.
That's fabulous!!!!
I am probably a few pounds above where I was in January.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:11 AM

Great job to all that is loosing. I stalled out over the last few days. I know....don't get on the scale every day. I get on every 2-3 days. I need to know. I wanted to know how weight drops so I got on every day for about 2 weeks. For me it goes even for 2-3 days, drop a pound, even several days, gain a pound, even, then drop 2 pounds. So when you get on the scale once a week you don't see when you gain that odd pound during the week. Sometimes I don't gain that odd pound. It depends on how close I stay to the diet. I only have 2 more pounds to drop to hit the 20# mark since 7-8-13 when I started.

Pam H...I thought I would have alot of trips to Goodwill....when all was said and done I only had 1 1/2 truck loads. I still have maybe 40-50 boxes left. Just moved from one side to the other. At least I did go thru them. Husbands tools, alot of craft items, boxes of fabric and yarn, books, books, more books. Why do I feel guilty getting rid of my husbands books? Most are technical books he used for work or from when he was in school-engineering. Over half the boxes are of his things. Its been 2 1/2 yrs and I still can't get rid of it. His tools-never. I use those. But the rest???? I will never use. It just takes up space. He wouldn't kept ANY THING of mine. He would have had the kids take it all or get rid of it. He didn't keep anything that wasn't useful. If it wasn't used over a years time it went.
Does it sound like I am trying to talk myself into pitching more???????

Last edited by craftygater; 08-16-2013 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by craftygater View Post
While I was starting to clean the garage (I got a reason to put off the start to type this ) I got an idea. There are still 75+ boxes from my move 1 1/2+ years ago that I have to go thru. . . .

I took vacation days just to get this done. It seems I need more support in getting the garage done than I do the weight loss.
Craftygater, we worked on the garage this summer, too. It's still not complete but is so much better. We have had some of that junk piled up from when we moved in 16 years ago - I know, that's pathetic!! I'm a recovering packrat and I call my husband a Clutter Shuffler. I've always taken the heat from having so much junk, but I'm convinced all he ever does is rearrange it and shift it from place to place. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by countrymaid View Post
Hi all, I'm currently sitting in the ER with my dad. Waiting to see if he will be admitted. Guess I need to pack my small projects bag again. At least I grabbed my iPad. It's tough trying to work full time and care for my folks as well. Can't believe how tired I'm getting. We also have an adult autistic son who lives at home. I'd love to stay home but I carry the health insurance. Deep breath....today is mom's birthday as well. I guess we're back to one day at a time and every day is a good one. God is good and I know I am never alone.
You are definitely lot alone with any of the things you are dealing with right now. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.