Backing up your computer

Old 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

anyone know how to remove a disk from Drive E? Grrr. i tried to back up my computer again and again it wouldn't finish. turns out i got DVD-RW and should not have. double Grrr. but this time and last time i have trouble removing my disk even though i cancelled the backup.
sigh. i just want it out and i'll go get the correct DVD's. Staples isn't much help. I did go into Computer and clicked on drive E and eject. error is all i get.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 PM

You really didn't ruin the disk. It is a re-writable one that can be erased and used over and over.
I don't know your computer, but somewhere there is a place the says, "eject disk". Click on that and it should pop out. Sometimes, if you re-boot your computer and push the button on the drive, it will open for you. Go online and ask, how to eject a disk that is stuck in the cd drive. It will give you instructions. It's ok. You didn't do anything bad. Whenever I mess something up, I just go online and ask a question about it and most always find an answer and a solution.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
anyone know how to remove a disk from Drive E? Grrr. i tried to back up my computer again and again it wouldn't finish. turns out i got DVD-RW and should not have. double Grrr. but this time and last time i have trouble removing my disk even though i cancelled the backup.
sigh. i just want it out and i'll go get the correct DVD's. Staples isn't much help. I did go into Computer and clicked on drive E and eject. error is all i get.
Your disk drive drawer should have a button on it to push. It is not a huge button, I can hardly feel mine. Jus push it and the drawer should open.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:29 PM

If you are running Microsoft Windows click the start button on the lower left, chose, "Computer". You will see all the drives there. right-click on the disc drive and choose the option to eject.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

belive me, i've pressed that stupid button several times over the last few hours. i went into my computer info and clicked on Drive E and then Eject but it wont' do it. just says error. no little hole to put a paper clip into either.
i found i should not use DVD-RW ones but that is what Staples sold me. sigh again.
i know i got it out last time, just have to figure out how.
and buy new disks! I do so hate doing this. my hubby used to take care of things like this but doesn't do anything anymore. his back hurts so much he pretty much stays upstairs. i pay bills, etc.
oh well, i will learn somehow.
Yea!!! thanks, i did reboot and got the silly disk out. thanks again. Just keep your fingers crossed i can do a back up correctly when i try again. :mrgreen:
Old 09-17-2011, 04:19 PM

Drive e is usually a plug in, are you sure it is E????
Old 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM

there is a small hole either on the left ot the right when you open the drive door. get a paper clip and open ir up . I press the eject button then put the paper clip into the hole gently you can put it in maybe a half inch. it should open yhen.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

well i only have drive C (hard drive) , D (factory image) and E and E has removable storage for DVD/RW....it's in my tower.

so yep. but did read a book and found i used the wrong DVD taht Staples sold me. it was a readable/writable one. the computer should have said something and not kept trying to use it and give me an error with no help from there. anyway, it's out now.
i will go better disks and try again. will ck with Best Buy guys first. i bought my computer there.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by PATTIESPEARL
there is a small hole either on the left ot the right when you open the drive door. get a paper clip and open ir up . I press the eject button then put the paper clip into the hole gently you can put it in maybe a half inch. it should open yhen.
Yep, that's what i was going to mention
Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 AM

BACK IN THE DAYS WHEN COMPUTERS CAME WITH MANUALD, i HAD ON THAT TOLD YOU HOW TO ISE THE PAPER CLIP. i HAVE A DVD DRIVE ON MY COMPUTER THAT IS NERVE WRACKING.