Barbie Clothes

Old 11-13-2016, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by joan3111 View Post
Christmas is coming and I have been making Barbie clothes for one of my great-grandaughters and found this site that I thought perhaps a few of you wouldn't know of..

http://www.stickatillbarbie.se/

Dozens and dozens of Barbie patterns in several different languages are offered - click on the language of your choice.

What fiddley things these are to make!!! Six outfits and glad I am done as I was heading for the nearest looney bin!! (grin)...
Most of these patterns are knitted,I believe.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 AM

The clothes I made for my Barbie were the ones printed on fabric, just cut and sew on that thick black stitching line.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:09 AM

My mother did not believe in girls having Barbie's for Dolls, baby type dolls were given to help nuture the maternal instinct, not to teach dating.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 AM

There are many sites to buy American Girl patterns. I am not at home to go fetch. I have one adorable picture of my 3 granddaughters wearing their Victorian nightgowns and holding their American Girl dolls dressed identically. They really enjoyed their outfits.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:18 AM

I used to make Barbie doll clothes when my daughter was small. ( She is 43 now) I sewed a lot of them & I crocheted a lot of them. The clothes were so expensive to buy them. I can see why though because they are difficult to sew something that small, for me anyway. Would I make them now? No! lol I don't think I could sew like that now but then I haven't tried to. I think if I had little ones I would probably try it though. I think homemade ones mean more to little kids too. Especially if they can pick there own fabrics from your stash & have a little involvement in it. Great bonding time too
Old 11-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

I will give this to my friend. She make a lot of barbie clothses for her granddaughters. Thanks..
Old 11-14-2016, 01:41 PM

My Aunt invented her own patterns. In a way, her clothes were usually easier for little fingers, like strapless dresses. She sold them and people told her they lasted much longer than those from the store, so she had many repeat customers. She gave me copies and I made them for our daughter who is now a Grandmother. Come to think of it, I wonder where they are ???
Old 11-14-2016, 08:08 PM

It's been over 40 years ago that I made LOTS of Barbie doll clothes and sold them for a quarter and 50 cents or $1.00 for a bridal outfit (what a fool, I was). I never liked sewing snaps so way back then, I cut velcro strips in half lengthwise to sew on the backs of some of the outfits. Girls loved that way of closure. I did a super job sewing them and recently rec'd a comment from one of the mothers that bought some from me that they are still in her daughters things and now her granddaughters are playing with them. My gd's are past the Barboe and the 18" dolls stages now. I busy myself with quilts.