Birthday card help?

Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Double ditto! I'm glad I can be a part of saying Thank You to one of our men and women in uniform. We appreciate their sacrifice so much and seldom get the opportunity to personally thank them. Spend your time getting better! Blessings!
Originally Posted by newquilter10
Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
You said- "I know I owe everyone a personal email and promise to do it." Don't take time to send individual thanks yous to us all. (Spend you time getting better and then quilt). As for me, I am just happy reading your posts about how happy we made your daughter. Take care!
Ditto!! :)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

no thank you needede here, I think we all feel the same way,
i was glad to help, and i think you'll see by the ammount of cards that your daughter gets, we were all glad to do it.
I know it's small on our part, but our way of saying "THANK YOU!"
just get better and get back to quilting.
(((((lynnie)))))
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM

Awwwww...I am so glad she got so many cards. And like the others, no email is necessary...it was a privilege to send her a card!
Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Linda...take care of yourself and the post here is thanks enough! I was glad that I could be part of this and help to make your daughters bday special for her.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Linda...take care of yourself and the post here is thanks enough! I was glad that I could be part of this and help to make your daughters bday special for her.
Ditto. I'm glad I could do this small thing to help your DD Genavieve's bd a little special. She deserves my thanks for serving her country.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Glad we made her Birthday a bit brighter!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM

I wanted to add an update: Genavieve has received 83 cards from Quilting Board members, some with small gifts, some with money gifts.. she was speechless and has everyones emails/qb names and is coming home for three days the end of this month and will reply. She said she had to go to 'field' where they do mock battles (jump from a moving vehicle pretend it was hit with a rocket etc) and the last day they handed out mail.. she received over 30 cards that day and five more when she got back to base. She was so moved, I am so moved. You have to know that we are always here for each other and it seems when any board member asks for help they receive hands from all over. Bless every one of you. I don't know how I found this board truth be told but I couldnt be more fortunate. I am slowly on the mend (yeah!) right now and even pulled out the machine today and fabric.. tomorrow maybe even sewing! I miss that so much. So once again, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Everyone here is part of this huge family who has never met and it never matters.. if one is hurting the rest jump in. If one is celebrating the rest jump in too.. Can you imagine if this could be mass produced what the world would look like now? dream, I can only dream...
Old 08-12-2010, 02:22 PM

I just found this posting today but will send her a card tomorrow from Texas. It doesn't have to be her birthday to be appreciated for her service.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Aw, that IS awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad she had a great B-day, and ditto, your Thanks here are enough! I was honored to send her a card, as I really appreciate the work she does.
DD's fiance just got out after 5 years in the Army....hard work!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:05 PM

I just put a card in the mail - a belated b'day & thank you for your service card. She's a special woman, serving our country & deserves all the support we can give her!