Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: boxes???

Sounds like a good excuse to buy a new pair of shoes! "Honey, I needed the box!!" LOL

Blog Entries
    you can go to the container store, they have gift boxes, brown boxes and all that or go to Tuesday morning and get a fancy box, like a hat box that can be used again and again

cant you still get them at department stores like Penneys?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewwhat85
    cant you still get them at department stores like Penneys?
    Good question, I don't know! Guess I could check. The quilt I am giving for the wedding present is 45x51 I haven't seen boxes big enough for it for sale at any store.

For my husband's granddaughter's baby shower I went a little wild with the gifts...couldn't find a box big enough, so I used a plastic storage tote...it made it easier for her to take the gifts home from the shower... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi

Blog Entries
    If you know anyone who works at a school, the paper boxes they get supplies in are perfect for Queen quilts. Baby quilts will fit in flat rate postal boxes that are free from the post office.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    I think I will stop by the dry cleaners tomorrow to see if they have quilt size boxes and if they will sell me one. They put wedding gowns in them and they would be acid free!
    NOT necessarily...acid free costs big $$$....you really need to know if it is Archival or not!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    I think I will stop by the dry cleaners tomorrow to see if they have quilt size boxes and if they will sell me one. They put wedding gowns in them and they would be acid free!
    NOT necessarily...acid free costs big $$$....you really need to know if it is Archival or not!
    that's what I was thinking! That's why I think I will check with the dry cleaners tomorrow. . . .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    that's what I was thinking! That's why I think I will check with the dry cleaners tomorrow. . . .
    good luck...our DCleaners here don't speak enough English to understand Archival...much less acid free!

Blog Entries

LOL!!!1

good luck...our DCleaners here don't speak enough English to understand Archival...much less acid free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast