Broke my computer

Old 05-02-2010, 02:18 PM

Well, DARN!
I went to pick up my laptop and it slipped out of my hand and landed on the plugin bending it into a 90 degree angle...DH tried to fix it but when I went to plug it into the computer, it snapped in 1/2. So we are looking for a replacement power cord for my computer and meantime, i'll be using his desktop. Thank God for multiple computers in the house.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Google Goddess

oh no, that is awful, at least you have a back up computer!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by Leota
Well, DARN!
I went to pick up my laptop and it slipped out of my hand and landed on the plugin bending it into a 90 degree angle...DH tried to fix it but when I went to plug it into the computer, it snapped in 1/2. So we are looking for a replacement power cord for my computer and meantime, i'll be using his desktop. Thank God for multiple computers in the house.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 PM

My husband drowned mine a few months ago. He dropped into a bucket of water...Don't ask. I found one very cheap on-line. At Best buy they wanted $105.00 for it and I got it for $29.00. Make sure you know what you are looking for. There are many out there.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:34 PM

I am so sorry! I use my computer so much I would feel lost.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:38 PM

You should look at safeware computer insurance. It was recommended to me by CNet. It covers everything except data loss. They don't care what happens you can drop it, spill on it, lose or if it gets stolen. My sisters pets damaged two of hers, she told them and they had her send them in, of course this happened at different times, LOL. they couldn't fix them so sent her a check each time enough to cover the equivilent to what she had at what it would cost now.

I have had it for 5 years, cost between 40 and 60 a year. Well worth it and so much cheaper than service warranties you get with Dell or best buy and they don't cover for loss or stolen.

I got it because I use to travel with mine. I was afraid it would get stolen, or I might drop it. Luckily I never had to use it. But boy my sister has got her money out of it. I am surprised they haven't put a rider on hers. LOL
Old 05-02-2010, 05:20 PM

that is funny i just had to go buy the power supply cord today for mine

Nancy
Old 05-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shaverg
You should look at safeware computer insurance. It was recommended to me by CNet. It covers everything except data loss. They don't care what happens you can drop it, spill on it, lose or if it gets stolen. My sisters pets damaged two of hers, she told them and they had her send them in, of course this happened at different times, LOL. they couldn't fix them so sent her a check each time enough to cover the equivilent to what she had at what it would cost now.

I have had it for 5 years, cost between 40 and 60 a year. Well worth it and so much cheaper than service warranties you get with Dell or best buy and they don't cover for loss or stolen.

I got it because I use to travel with mine. I was afraid it would get stolen, or I might drop it. Luckily I never had to use it. But boy my sister has got her money out of it. I am surprised they haven't put a rider on hers. LOL
Thank you!!! This is good to know, I never purchased the warranties as they are so expensive...

Isn't it funny how much we use these??? I would be lost without one!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:55 PM

I worry about dropping mine often. I carry it from favorite sitting area to upstairs sewing room at least once a day. I'll look into that insurance.

Not long ago, it was unusual to have a computer at home, now we have enough to have a backup when needed. The times, they are achangin'.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 PM

I was thinking what I wanted to take to the safe room if there was a tornado. Yep, the laptop was right on the top of my list. So bad!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:32 PM

I'm so sorry this happened. That stinks. At least you do have a back up. I love my laptop and would just be devastated without it. Totally lost. Hope you find a decent priced power cord quickly!