Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
carperal tunnel is killing me >

carperal tunnel is killing me

carperal tunnel is killing me

Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM

3 days of pain in the wrist, elbow and up to the base of the neck. Had quite forgotton how painfull this can be. Havn't had it kick in this bad in a long time. Hope is settles down so I can sleep tonigh and get to school in the morning.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Apparently it all stems from the neck, and a chiropractor can easily fix it. Sure hope it settles enough for you to sleep tonight though...I get scatia pain at times and it is not fun!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

So sorry you are suffering. I've never had it that bad but I do have to pace myself. I like to use ACC tablets for my pain. They are a combination of Aspirin, Caffein and Codeine. You have to ask for them from behind the Walmart Drug counter here in Canada (controlled substance) but they help me. Hope you get some relief soon!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:42 PM

I have "Severe Carpal Tunnel" even after the surgery because I waited too long. It never made my elbow and shoulder hurt. Have you considered seeing a Chiropractor to see if an adjustment will lower your pain level? It may help temporarily. There is a point at which the CT pain becomes almost non-existant but it's at that point that you'll start loosing the strength in your hand(s). I'd find a Orthopedic Surgeon and see what he/she says about surgery. It won't go away on it's own and if you wait too long..the surgery may not help.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Google Goddess

I hope you start feeling better soon
Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Apparently it all stems from the neck, and a chiropractor can easily fix it. Sure hope it settles enough for you to sleep tonight though...I get scatia pain at times and it is not fun!
i was gonna say the same thing!
BONEBREAKER!!! can't live without 'em!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM

I still swear by my magnetic necklace for neck pain but a good chiropractor can work wonders. Just haven't had any lasting neck pain since I got my necklace about eight years ago.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:19 PM

Thanks all. I'am going to get to the Dr. ans start the refural process again. Went years ago and was told "its wasn't that bad and lots of people live with constant pain".
Hopefully that Dr.'s retired.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:38 PM

Please don't wait too long o see a doctor. My sister had trouble with her shoulder for 15 YEARS. When she could no longer use her arm, she went in & 2 surgeries later she can raise her arm to her waist. To wash her hair, she has to place her right elbow up on the shower wall at elbow heigth, and lean her head toward the hand so she can scrub both sides of her head. The doctor said a shoulder replacement would ease her pain, but not gve her any more range of movemnt. Learning from her, I had my shoulder checked out & had surgery and I can raise my arm over my head, feed the chickens, and do all my housework.
I, also, had carpal tunnel surgery 18 yrs. ago, & have never had to have it redone. I woke up from surgery feeling the difference.
Good luck, and don't wait too long!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:50 PM

Carpal tunnel nerve injury is permanent. Don't wait too long to see a doctor and get the help that you need. I do so hope that you feel better. I know how bad my tendonitis and tenosenvitis (DeQuervain's tendonitis) makes my hand hurt. I've also in the same are had a frozen shoulder and a pinched ulnar nerve in the elbow. Rest the arm, as long as it takes.