Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught My Husband Cutting With my Sewing Scissors!

Caught My Husband Cutting With my Sewing Scissors!

Hubby put some shelves up in my sewing room earlier today. He helped me put a small storage shelf together for FQs and charm packs. We had the box from the shelf after we put it together. I turned around and saw him cutting the cardboard box with my scissors! And the scissors are specifically marked "sewing only"! I just about freaked, and tried to nicely suggest another pair of scissors he could use. He must have known he was wrong because he didn't say a word and normally he would!

You can get divorce papers online a lot cheaper than an attorney!!!!!!! OMG --- I'm not sure what I'd do if I caught my husband doing that!!! Maybe make him buy me a REALLY expensive pair of scissors!!!! LOL
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

My husband has received explicit instructions about my sewing scissors!

Blog Entries
    My hubby used mine to cut fiberglass insulation...I made him buy me a new pair.

Banned
    I feel your pain. They weren't used for anything but fabric, but my daughter dropped them on the kitchen floor and put a small chip in the blade.

Senior Member craftygal63@yahoo.com's Avatar
    My son used my dressmaker scissors to cut his model plane pieces apart and then used them to take screw out of some something he working on and broke about 1/4" off the point. This happened about 15 years ago. It took me awhile before I could call him anything but "that boy".

My DH was well trained before I got him. He knows sewing scissors are not to touch anything other than fabric! Never have those issues. Other issues...won't even start!

That requires some apology in the form of a more expensive pair of scissors that'll teach him
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Mine had to buy me a new pair of Gingher's since he decided to ruin mine....He was lucky I didn't string him up by his thumbs.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I had mentioned in another similar thread that mine used my fabric scissors to cut the grips off his golf clubs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast