Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Caught My Husband Cutting With my Sewing Scissors!

Caught My Husband Cutting With my Sewing Scissors!

Hubby put some shelves up in my sewing room earlier today. He helped me put a small storage shelf together for FQs and charm packs. We had the box from the shelf after we put it together. I turned around and saw him cutting the cardboard box with my scissors! And the scissors are specifically marked "sewing only"! I just about freaked, and tried to nicely suggest another pair of scissors he could use. He must have known he was wrong because he didn't say a word and normally he would!

You can get divorce papers online a lot cheaper than an attorney!!!!!!! OMG --- I'm not sure what I'd do if I caught my husband doing that!!! Maybe make him buy me a REALLY expensive pair of scissors!!!! LOL
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

My husband has received explicit instructions about my sewing scissors!

Blog Entries
    My hubby used mine to cut fiberglass insulation...I made him buy me a new pair.

Banned
    I feel your pain. They weren't used for anything but fabric, but my daughter dropped them on the kitchen floor and put a small chip in the blade.

My son used my dressmaker scissors to cut his model plane pieces apart and then used them to take screw out of some something he working on and broke about 1/4" off the point. This happened about 15 years ago. It took me awhile before I could call him anything but "that boy".

My DH was well trained before I got him. He knows sewing scissors are not to touch anything other than fabric! Never have those issues. Other issues...won't even start!

That requires some apology in the form of a more expensive pair of scissors that'll teach him
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D, Juki MO-2000QVP

Mine had to buy me a new pair of Gingher's since he decided to ruin mine....He was lucky I didn't string him up by his thumbs.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I had mentioned in another similar thread that mine used my fabric scissors to cut the grips off his golf clubs.
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

This is called marriage. Go buy yourself another pair. He'll appreciate your being quiet.

Do your husband's really need to hear you nag about this again?!!...................LOL

Just hop in the car, haul ass to the store and buy a nice shiney pair of Gingher shears and some fabric to cut up with them. And install a lock.

No need to lop off his...............

ears
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 01-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Despite years of warnings & threats, I had to resort to hiding my sewing scissors so DH & kids would not use them. I think I have a couple of extra pair well hiden in the house that may be discovered some day - I forget where I put them
    Shannon

Does he have a "death wish"

Blog Entries
    He just put up the shelves though. So I would be gentle with him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    Hubby put some shelves up in my sewing room earlier today. He helped me put a small storage shelf together for FQs and charm packs. We had the box from the shelf after we put it together. I turned around and saw him cutting the cardboard box with my scissors! And the scissors are specifically marked "sewing only"! I just about freaked, and tried to nicely suggest another pair of scissors he could use. He must have known he was wrong because he didn't say a word and normally he would!

sap
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    Not only would my DH buy me the most expensive pair of scissors I could find, he would missing 5 finger too!! And he knows it.

Well, he was putting up shelves for fabric. Let's give him a break this time.

I caught mine cutting thick moose hide leather with mine. Him and a buddy were making a black powder pouch. I made him buy me a new pair. That was 30 years ago and he still won't touch a pair of scissors without asking if it's ok to use them for his intended purpose. lol

My son used mine to cut metal faced gasket material...ONCE!

I actually solved this problem YEARS ago ---- I went to a "cheap" store and bought lots of those $3.00 a pair scissors. Stashed them all over the house and told them they could use whatever scissors they wanted EXCEPT the ones in my sewing room. No more problems......... Just an idea. I LOVE these responses, folks!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

As long as I keep the everyday scissors in the right places, I have nothing to worry about!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I have all my scissores in a box. Now if I ever catch my DH with mine. I would go to his truck find a golf club and use it as a hammer LOL. Plus he would know I would do this.LOL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    And he still lives?????hehehe
    Be thankful thats all he ruins. My hubby was having me order some parts online for him and HE spilled a quart of chocolate milk all in my laptop. But he did buy me another. He still lives but during the day he Stays in the barn. hehehe
    Last edited by Noiseynana; 01-19-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Found my Gingher scissors in the kitchen. I'm not sure what the stuff was on the blades - some sort of dried food??? I won't divorce him for that, just cleaned them up and hid them in my sewing room. There are other things that he's done that might have been cause for divorce - won't say what he put in the dishwasher, but I almost made him buy me a new one. I did run about half a gallon or a gallon of bleach through it (several wash cycles) before I'd put dishes in it again.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    I made my DH read through all of these responses. It has reinforced the FEAR of ever touching my scissors! He is even afraid to enter my sewing room in case he touches something he shouldn't!

My DDIL has just started sewing, and I severely warned her husband (my son) to NEVER use her sewing scissors, for ANYTHING! She thanked me for that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast