Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Computer help needed to watch the tube quilting video

  1. #1
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Can't get the video as it's "xed" out. Anyone have an idea which area to check first? I think I blocked access to all videos when I uninstalled IE 7.0 version and tried to reinstall it back and MS won't let me. Whaaaaat? What in the world can I do now? I have installed version 8 already and it's conflicting with 7.0. I think 7.0 is the one that opens video avenues. I don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,396
    YouTube videos require a software package called "Adobe Flash Player". If you go to Google and search for it, you should be able to download it and install it for free.

    Another thing to check is this: Does a thin message at the top of your Internet Explorer window show up with the message "Pop-up blocked. To see this pop-up or additional options, click here...."? If it does, click this message and select either "Temporaily allow pop-ups" or "Always allow pop-ups from this site...". Only choose the second option, if the site is reputable.

    I hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,113
    Blog Entries
    1
    HUGS!!! I can't help with the solution, but sure can commiserate with trying to reset programs :x

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    922
    Am on dial up and cannot get u-tube or videos, the server drops before the download is done. Is this something that someone could do a tutorial on? Would love to know what I'm missing :shock:

  5. #5
    Power Poster BellaBoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Front row
    Posts
    14,671
    Blog Entries
    2


    Search and install this file:


    install_flash_player.exe


    If videos won't play after installing that then use this easy way for IE8

    http://flash.melameth.com/


  6. #6
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    HUGS!!! I can't help with the solution, but sure can commiserate with trying to reset programs :x
    Thanks so much, Amma! Think I already know what to do. I've been changing settings a lot lately and remember setting the pop-up blocker to "very high" hahhaha and typed in to allow only pop-ups from QB!!! I essentially blocked myself out from everything. oh dear. Now I need to go change some settings. Only been a week or two I haven't been able to see any you-tube videos. Will change some settings now! LOL. :wink:

  7. #7
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo

    Search and install this file:


    install_flash_player.exe


    If videos won't play after installing that then use this easy way for IE8

    http://flash.melameth.com/
    Gosh, Bellaboo, I appreciate this so much. Think that will work for sure! I kept putting off upgrading my flash player to 8. Guess if I do that, things sure will work better. Thanks so much. Will def try this too! :wink: :lol: :wink:

  8. #8
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    YouTube videos require a software package called "Adobe Flash Player". If you go to Google and search for it, you should be able to download it and install it for free.

    Another thing to check is this: Does a thin message at the top of your Internet Explorer window show up with the message "Pop-up blocked. To see this pop-up or additional options, click here...."? If it does, click this message and select either "Temporaily allow pop-ups" or "Always allow pop-ups from this site...". Only choose the second option, if the site is reputable.

    I hope this helps.
    Thanks so much, mytwopals! I had changed my settings for pop-up blockers all because of the nuisance of the pop-ups from Adobe Flash Player! They are driving me crazy to update my version of the player. Guess I'll have to go to their web site to opt out of this so they'll leave me alone. Even with a high setting to block everything, their doggone ads keep getting thru. Know what I mean? Guess I will have to go and update. The reason I didn't was because they ask me to disable all my avs protection agent and I don't want to do that. Is there a way around that? The whole reason I uninstalled IE 7.0 is because the program makes your pc more vulnerable to attacks.

    Well, guess I will go and upgrade my flash player so I can view some videos. Thanks so much for your help! I sure needed it. :lol: :lol:

  9. #9
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird
    Am on dial up and cannot get u-tube or videos, the server drops before the download is done. Is this something that someone could do a tutorial on? Would love to know what I'm missing :shock:
    Omigosh,how awful for you to not be able to get them at all! Will research this and try to find an answer for you. lol. :lol: :wink: :lol:

  10. #10
    Super Member n2scraplvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Foot of the Blue Ridge Mtns. in VA
    Posts
    5,330
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird
    Am on dial up and cannot get u-tube or videos, the server drops before the download is done. Is this something that someone could do a tutorial on? Would love to know what I'm missing :shock:
    Once I see the video, I will try and do a tute for you. That might be easier for me to do than try and find a solution for your server problem! LOL. I will try anyway. :wink: :lol: :wink:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.