Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy poinsettia.......

Your Christmas cactus is beautiful! I have one that is the same color but it is much smaller. I love flowers especially in the winter!

Hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jenny

I wish I could get mine to do that. Where do you keep yours? I have to keep mine where the kitties don't eat it.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

I have about 8 of them varying ages. Each time a piece breaks off I stick in the dirt and voila' I have yet another one. Most of them are in bloom right not and usually bloom twice a year. I find that when I forget to water and they get very dry and then I remember to water them. A few weeks later they start budding out. I have all colors, white, white with pink, red, peach, pink. Only one I don't have is the yellow one. Haven't had any luck getting them going.

Oh and they seem to do best in the window on the west side of the house. When I move them elsewhere they don't like it.

Oh my such beautiful plants wish i could raise plants I bought 6 plants this past summer and only 2 left.....No green thumb here lol

I think what you have is a Thanksgiving Cactus. The Christmas Cactus has a leaf that is more crab claw shape. The pals are very much alike.

Blog Entries
    My Ma has a "Christmas in July" Cactus. Blooms ever July like clockwork.

How simply gorgeous. I live in Ohio and a friend sent me a two leaves from Texas two years ago. I planted them in soil and they weren't doing too well. I put the little cuttings outside in the sun during the summer and when I brought the plant inside I had a bloom in Oct. It's ready to bloom one little flower again. How amazing and one day it may be as bright and pretty as yours. You definitly have a good thumb. I am buying another one too!!!! Annie

Blog Entries
    Wow. I didn't know they got that big. That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing. All your plants look great. You must really have a green thumb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    Oh! how beautiful. I have had one for eight years and it has never bloomed. What's your secret?
    Hang in there! I had one that didn't bloom for 7 years before it decided to bloom one Christmas. It bloomed for 5 years straight, always at Christmas. Then it decided not to bloom again for 2 years and decided to bloom again last February. I see that it has buds on it now so will bloom in the near future I guess. They are funny plants and seem to do what they want to.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast