DD is learning that....

Old 07-03-2010, 03:54 AM

people are just messed up everywhere! She's away working at a camp for the summer.....a Christian camp at that. This past weekend the kitchen manager, who is married with kids, was caught in a compromising position with an 18yo staff member. Both were fired. Then the lady that owns the barn here where dd used to work, and how dd got started with this camp, came up and there is major tension cause she is more than likely running around on her dh who dd thinks of as daddy #2. DD had to go thru major background checks, sign a statement of faith and all kinds of hoopla to work for this place and yet it feels like she is in Sodom with all that's going on up there! DD says that growing up is no fun sometimes!
Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
people are just messed up everywhere! She's away working at a camp for the summer.....a Christian camp at that. This past weekend the kitchen manager, who is married with kids, was caught in a compromising position with an 18yo staff member. Both were fired. Then the lady that owns the barn here where dd used to work, and how dd got started with this camp, came up and there is major tension cause she is more than likely running around on her dh who dd thinks of as daddy #2. DD had to go thru major background checks, sign a statement of faith and all kinds of hoopla to work for this place and yet it feels like she is in Sodom with all that's going on up there! DD says that growing up is no fun sometimes!
Oh my goodness, that's awful. I hope none of the children have been exposed to any of that. I know their parents wouldn't be too happy knowing that kind of stuff is going on. Maybe daughter would be happier working somewhere else.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:31 AM

well she is mainly working with the horses so she's ok. I know...you just never know what you're sending your kids into anymore. DD went to this camp for like 7 years though as a camper and never knew anything like this. She's just now seeing "behind the scenes" so its a shock to her.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:02 AM

My 18 y/o is going through similar stuff at her job this summer. She now knows God has put her there for a reason and has started subtly witnessing to her co-workers. Now after a few weeks they are talking to her about God, how she stays faithful to Him & how they think they are not good enough for God & church.

Keep praying for your DD that God will use her to reach her co-workers, of course she shouldn't "shove it down their throats". Remember God has a plan for her in this job!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:14 AM

Oh how I know that sew_southern! She has already talked some of them out of drinking on their off times. her faith absolutely floors me at times. I have to look at her and wonder how I raised her....messed up as I am! This past year she had been dating a young man and came to the decision that until her relationship with God was better she didn't need to have a boyfriend. I know she will come out of this stronger too and hopefully will be a good influence on someone else.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Examples do speak so much louder than words . . .

It is disappointing when people "talk the talk" and "don't walk the walk"

Hope she manages to be one of those that "walk the walk" - -
Old 07-03-2010, 05:31 AM

My DD is a great woman. never chose the questionable friends, drank, smoked, or did drugs in college or HS. Now she is in a job that she is dealing with all the above things on a daily basis with teens. It is a thankless job and stressful. She found that 95% of her clients never really had loving or caring parents who imposed boundries.
they rarely said i love you and hugged their kids. Even at 25 we still say and do those things every day with her.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

When my older 2 kids atarted working in a Burgerjoint, at 16, they were exposed toall kinds of bad stuff....everything from major theft, to drugs and alchol, and they all came out okay, although we had to have ALOT of talks. I guess I figured someday it would happen anyhow! Glad your DD is a strong girl, she will be fine!
Old 07-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

It got to be hard on her. She went there seven years and saw the wonderful side of that camp. It's disheartening to see what happens in the background. I'm sure not ever camp is like this but a lot of people present one face to the public and another in private. It's a tough thing for kids to see.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Hope that even with all the drama going on she can still find some good at the camp . It is hard when you have to deal with such nonsense when you are/were looking forward to a good experience .
Give her {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} from all of us and tell her it is not always like that , she is just in the middle of a rough patch