Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you think it can be physically impossible to give up certain foods? >

Do you think it can be physically impossible to give up certain foods?

Do you think it can be physically impossible to give up certain foods?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM

My nephew weighed 320 at 6ft 4 when he was 15 He gave up Mountain Dew and in5 months time he got down to 195 Our family are all big eaters But growing up B-day/Easter/Haloween was about the only junk food we had -munchies were fresh fruit or veggies. I refuse to eat at fast food burger joints the smell just grosses me out--But --about every 4 months I just gotta have a Super Deluxe Little Ceasars Pizza MMMM
Old 06-14-2011, 01:34 AM

Give up chocolate. Are you crazy. My family would be in a world of hurt if I gave up my chocolates.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 AM

For years I could not eat chocolate because it triggered a migraine headache.....took me a long time to figure that one out. One Hershey Kiss would make me hurt so much I decided they did not taste as good if I had to endure that much pain.

I quit smoking 15 years ago, enjoyed the first one I smoked and enjoyed the last one I smoked; however, I do not crave cigarettes and it does not bother me to be around people who do smoke.

A pleasant surprise came when I went through my second puberty, aka menopause, I found I could eat chocolate again; now i try to make up for every day I could not eat it. Did find, however, it is not as good for me as it is to me, so found out I can again not eat it for health reasons. Did find out that I can eat an ounce or two and it not be unhealthy, and I love dark chocolate and try to tell me that this small amount is enough. So far, I am able to nibble on this small amount and be satisfied.

Have found with my faith increasing I am able to handle things like this more. I know God let me quit smoking; no doubt about it; He knew I would need that money for this grandchild we inheirted when he was 2 and is now 17; he is the light of our lives.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
About a week and a half ago I stopped eating chips and hershey kisses, first they're bad for you and expensive, or at least how much I eat. Felt pretty good, started eating more fruit and it has been warm and sunny and fruit always tastes better in summer.

Well, yesterday and today it has been cool and I've been hungry so last night I ate a handful of pringles and about 6 kisses and felt immediately better.

Do you think that our bodies get used to certain things and they just don't like not having them anymore?
I have quit eating Hershey products They are made in Mexico and not Hershey PA/
Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 AM

We had this discussion at the retreat I went to.. someonesaid that they saw on Dr. Oz that if you ate dried Cherries you would not crave Chocolate as much so we tested it with 36 women and let me tell you... it DID NOT work! we were all craving chocolate covered cherries by the end of the weekend.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 AM

I have a wheat allergy and have had to give up anything with wheat flour in it. I long for a doughnut or a bagel, toast, Arby's onion buns but either do without or get sick. Guess what I chose to do, that's right, do without.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:35 AM

I have a wheat allergy and have had to give up anything with wheat flour in it. I long for a doughnut or a bagel, toast, Arby's onion buns but either do without or get sick. Guess what I chose to do, that's right, do without.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by awf60
Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Honestly, I've lost 54 pounds since last March. I still eat anything I want, just in small moderation. 6 kisses and 10 or so chips ISN'T going to hurt you!! Trust me, I know. Just don't eat them every single day.

I still eat chocolate and ice cream, I've never been a chip person, but I do like popcorn - just get the 94% fat free kind now, and if you put some Mrs. Dash on them, it'll be great.
This may be a stupid question, but how do you get the seasoning to stick to the popcorn?
I'm sorry I didn't see this before - I use the microwave popcorn, open the bag, shake the Mrs. Dash on and then shake up the bag before I pour it into the bowl