Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone buy bulk foods?

I've been looking for a place to buy bulk foods like dried beans and some canned foods. I know Sams club is supposed to be reasonable on some of those items.
    Any input or information would be appreciated.... :-D

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Our commissary has lot sales but I bet that doesn't help you :(

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I have a sams and a costco membership.. Its ok.. not too great of deals.. Hubby eats lots of meat so I tend to go buy that there.. that and paper products.. God forbid we run out of his Charmin extra soft.. So i tend to stock up on that too..

Gordon foods. I used to when there were 7 of us here but now with just two and limited freezer space just buy at the grocery store on sale.

Ditter,
    Do you have any ethnic markets? I noticed that you are in Crystal River.. and I know it is a small area.

We generally get a lot of our bulk meats from Sam's but for beans and rice and that sort of thing, we go to an international market.

The sad part about Sam's club is that they only carry either: 1) limited variety (corn and string beans, regular cut) or 2) combinations of flavors. For me the prices are reasonable. Just yesterday I bought 12 cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup for 60 cents a can, tomato soup for around the same price (can't remember exact) But, I also get the french vanilla coffee creamer 64 ounces for less than 5 bucks a container, a bag of cut up lettuce salad is about 3 bucks, laundry soap that lasts me (house of 2, 6-8 loads a week) about 3 months for 10 bucks. For a person that shops the sales and uses coupons ALL the time, these aren't great deals, but I hate taking my quilting time to cut coupons and scour the ads every week. I shop at Sam's 1-2 times a month (it's to easy to stop on my way home, 'cause one or two are close....) and this helps me save money. I also buy flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, tuna fish, vitamins, meds, batteries, meats, frozen veggies & meats, water, and fabric softener. I would really love to buy some of their jewelry....

Dried beans are a great price at Wal-Mart, none to be found at Sam's.

So, yes, for me it is a great deal. I have had my membership for about 20 years.......

We (DH and I) have a Sam's membership, and go about once a month. I buy some products there, but not all are a great value, and anything perishable is too much for the 2 of us to use before it spoils. We have a couple good "health food" stores here, and I find they are good places to buy grain products in bulk. We are also an hours' drive from Amish country in N. Indiana, and DD gets a lot of her baking supplies there. Price savings make it worth the trip, as she has a home bakery. Unfortunately, I think we all have to comparison shop more now days!

I was just thinking the same thing about the amish stores. Do you have any in your area? I know that this might not be...but how about farmer's markets?

I googled "Amish bulk food florida" There is a shop listed in Largo.

Largo is pretty far from Crystal River and the traffic on US 19 is ridiculous.

You would spend more in gas than it would cost to by non-bulk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast