Does anyone have Apple TV?

Old 12-20-2011, 04:44 PM

Default Does anyone have Apple TV?

So our older daughter got her dad Apple TV for Christmas. ( we celebrated last weekend as the kids live out of town) He loves the music portion which is free to listen to. BUT... we have purchased a movie and tried to download it but every time we try, it says it has 4hrs and 20 mins to download! The movie is less than two hours long! ANYway, I can handle the download time, if it would download while we watch something else on TV. We thought it would continue to load without us having to watch that littly spinning thing but apparently it won't. we have tried three times.

Does anyone have Apple TV and know if we are doing something wrong??
Old 12-21-2011, 07:22 AM

I wonder if the long download time has something to do with your internet connection? That's all I can think of...
Old 12-21-2011, 10:11 AM

I think it has to do with your internet connection also. Ours was not the best and had to have the company come. They always say the same thing, "You have too many connects." We always say, "We've had these for years." Then they say it's their fault and needs more equipment "on the street." But when they get around to that, who knows. We ended up paying extra for a little more juice which we should have anyway.
I'd start with your cable company. My husband may have more suggestions when he gets home; he's the electronics genius at our house! Good luck. P.S. Don't let the cable company tell you that it's "your fault" or "you have too many outlets" or anything else. You should have enough juice to work your equipment. They are like doctors; they are god and you're an idiot!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:03 AM

I asked my husband about this last night. He said the movies do not download, they just play. He's not sure why yours would say that. He guesses it's your internet service. I reread your question this morning; if that little spinning thing just spins, it's the internet...not enough "juice" to get it going.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Thanks for the replies.... according to ATT we have the fastest and most internet / dsl we can get!
I'll call them tomorrow since I'm off and see what I can find out.
Thanks for the help