Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Does this happen to you?

After having company for the long holiday weekend I got behind on my emails. Told my DH after breakfast this morning I was going to catch up on my emails, and he replied, "There goes the day!" He can't understand how one site leads to another. I find it fascinating!
    Please meet my avatar quilting buddy, Myrtle McQuilter

I have been down that rabbit hole many a time and enjoyed every step. Luckily, I'm not committed to getting anything done on a deadline! It's lucky, also, that we didn't have computers when I was in college. I would have come out with an education, but certainly not the one that was intended. Then again, maybe I would have known myself better and made wiser choices. I hope that's the case for today's young ones.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I got up this morning & headed to the computer to spend a few minutes checking out QB PICTURES section. Noticed DoriDeS's quilt pic (Borders or no borders :o) DONE!!!) and liked it.

Decided to check out similar quilts using Mr.. Google images. While looking at the images, I came across
    a quilt pic and the geometric designed intrigued me so, of course, I visited the website to learn more about it.

Turns out the quilt design was a representation of the Fibonacci numbers. Fibonacci? who's that?

Headed to Wikipedia to learn more and ended up veering off to read about Lucas numbers and the Golden Ratio.I learned that the Golden Ratio is used for quilting (among other things) to get the best ratio in rectangular and other quilt designs. I also learned that there are books of puzzles that are based on the F. Numbers.

Since I love puzzles, both pencil and jigsaw, I google "puzzles' and find JigZone (http://www.jigzone.com/) website. I've been there before but hadn't visited for a long time.
    There I spent the best part of an hour doing an animal jigsaw puzzle. So my few minutes of computer time turned into quite a bit longer than that.

This is why I have so many quilt UFOs. Good thing I'm retired!

Does this sort of thing happen to you? The internet is addicting...at least it seems that way to me!
    Sounds like me too, starting with QB and going from there.

Blog Entries
    Well, I just spent an hour more than I intended on the computer looking at Fibonacci numbers, golden ratio, and playing with jigsaw puzzles.. I love on line jigsaw puzzles.. everything is facing the correct way!! Thanks for the fun.. I enjoyed myself!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...AC3300A534.png
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Life is good when you're busy with babies.

Blog Entries
    Sounds good to me. Let your curiosity guide you, and be glad you have it, and the time and means to pursue it.
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

My DH is retired and I have an idea that that may be how he spends most of his time. Of course, when I retire next month I'm sure we'll be fighting over the computer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4