Does Stapling Count?

Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM

My suggestion would be to do the corners like a mitered corner, but fold the extra over to the outside then back. That way you have a 'smooth front' appearance.

OR you could put the 'mitered corner' fold to the INSIDE folded to the front and the open area would be 'leaning' to the side of the chair.

If this sounds odd, just try it.

There are programs on Youtube about this, I would think.

Good Luck

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Beautiful work & stunning graphic fabric. You've chosen so well for your furniture. It looks very professional.
I have re-done seats & stools before & need to re-do my current dining set. It's a little tougher when the chairs have a thick cushion that's soft, as you have to be careful not to pull too hard with the fabric or part of the cushioning will compress. My concern is doing the cushioned corners as they stand up about 2", in a soft curve. Any suggestions from anyone with experience out there?
Old 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Awesome looking!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Love the fabric!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:44 AM

I love your fabric.
I did my kitchen chairs a few years ago...Staple guns are amazing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 AM

Awesome, love the pattern.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rainbow
My suggestion would be to do the corners like a mitered corner, but fold the extra over to the outside then back. That way you have a 'smooth front' appearance. OR you could put the 'mitered corner' fold to the INSIDE folded to the front and the open area would be 'leaning' to the side of the chair. Good Luck

It's a little tougher when the chairs have a thick cushion that's soft, as you have to be careful not to pull too hard with the fabric or part of the cushioning will compress. My concern is doing the cushioned corners as they stand up about 2", in a soft curve. Any suggestions from anyone with experience out there?
As I look at the chairs, there is no fold going on at all that shows on the corners, it almost looks like it was stretched. It is an upholstery fabric. The other unpleasant aspect is the seat cushions have a mild "s" curve along the sides, rather than straight. I guess I'll just have to jump in sometime this summer & try. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:34 AM

TRY IT...YOU WILL LIKE IT....PROMISE.

Originally Posted by Rainbow
My suggestion would be to do the corners like a mitered corner, but fold the extra over to the outside then back. That way you have a 'smooth front' appearance. OR you could put the 'mitered corner' fold to the INSIDE folded to the front and the open area would be 'leaning' to the side of the chair. Good Luck

It's a little tougher when the chairs have a thick cushion that's soft, as you have to be careful not to pull too hard with the fabric or part of the cushioning will compress. My concern is doing the cushioned corners as they stand up about 2", in a soft curve. Any suggestions from anyone with experience out there?
As I look at the chairs, there is no fold going on at all that shows on the corners, it almost looks like it was stretched. It is an upholstery fabric. The other unpleasant aspect is the seat cushions have a mild "s" curve along the sides, rather than straight. I guess I'll just have to jump in sometime this summer & try. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 06-19-2011, 08:13 AM
OB

really pretty, love the material