dream house

Old 02-15-2011, 06:22 PM

If you could build your dream home what rooms would you have to have? Where would you build it? Who would live there with you?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM

Let's see. It would need 3 bedrooms w/ bathrooms and dining room, living room, utility room, and then the important ones.......sewing room, long arm room, classroom, major guest rooms with about 12 beds, and My hubby would be here and any quilters who wanna come by. I dream of having a quitl retreat one day. I live in the country now so would like it out here. Everyone loves to go to the country for a quiet break. Oh forgot the indoor sauna for resting after quilting. :)

P.S. I see you are in Bothell. That would be a great area too. Especially close to Mt Rainer valley. It would rain so much we could not go out so more time to sew.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 PM

First of all, if I have a house like I would want, I would also have to have money to staff it! Of course, that would mean a cook and someone to clean house.

So here we go: four bedrooms, one for me, one for hubby, one for grandson, one for guests. Sewing room 30 x 40, aviary 10 x 20 with skylight. Indoor swimming pool. Huge bathroom for me with walkin shower. Hot tub. Media room for hubby with surround sound, lots of guitars and amps, sound system to die for. Then there would be the 12 car garage with hydraulic lift for hubby in workshop area. Formal living room and great room for personal use. Lots and lots of walk in closets and storage areas. Outside screened in patio with bbq pit. Playground to die for for grandson (he is only 11 months but will grow into it!) Hmm, I am sure there will be other things to add as I think about it!

My dream house is my avatar.
This is a great house on a beautiful lake.
It screams peace of mind to me.

I would build a log cabin with fire places in each room.
4 baths, huge kitchen, 4 bedrooms, quilting and cutting rooms,
front room, dining room, huge basement and a pantry.
Breeze way and 3 car garage.
Built in the Country away from the cities.

I can dream now I live in a matchbox house my husband calls it but it is ours and paid for.

I agree a porch all the way around the house with alot of chairs to sit and watch the sunset and sunrise with a roof over it too.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

I've always wanted a wraparound porch. I would quilt the days away :D:D
Old 02-15-2011, 07:57 PM

All I want is a glass enclosed patio on the back so I can sew in the winter, stay warm and get a tan!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:07 PM

I want a large metal building with a giant quilting, dyeing, painting room. Then the small area will be my kitchen, bedroom and livingroom with dressing area-bath combined. The livingroom would have huge window wall.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM

Oh this is a no brainer...... having 5 kids and 3 granddaughters this family screams space. I would need at least 10 bedrooms with Jack and Jill bathrooms for the family (you know, so when they visit they each have their own space), 2 guest rooms, a kitchen to die for with a big pantry, dining room to seat at least 12 (yes with a long dining room table and benches), a huge family room with major surround sound equipment, an office, game room, sewing room, workout room, library, playroom for the babes, washroom, basketball court, pool. It's gotta be at least a two story because that what my kids want, at least a 8-car garage, workshop, wrap around porch.

Let's see....did I miss anything?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM

We have a couple of acres in Ontario on the north channel of Lake Huron where we want to build when my husband retires, so I have thought about my dream home a LOT! I want the main rooms, living room, dining room, master bedroom, and sewing room facing the lake. I want a huge sewing room, double the size I have now, with room for a long-arm. I want a huge deck and a screened in porch where we can eat without bugs. We have to have some outbuildings, one for a workshop for my husband and one for the sailboat and what they call a "bunkie" which is a one room log cabin for guests. We'll also have a loft and guest bedroom upstairs for kids and grandkids when they come to visit. Now, we'll see how much of that will come true! Right now there's not even a driveway or clearing to camp on. That will be our first project. I just keep dreaming!